How do I get apps from 2012 Nexus 7 to 2013 Nexus 7?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to pay again or can I just download again from the Play Store with my username and password. With my iPads I just sign in and download again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: HOW DO I GEt APPS THAT ARE IN MY N7 TO MY N72?????

• Sign in with the same Google account.
  • Open the Play store.
  • Choose my apps from the top right.
  • Open the ALL tab.
  • Install them.

sethoscope1

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey Jerry,
Looking to get my game data from my unlocked, stock 2012 to my locked 2013 N7. I tried a batch restore on Helium, but only one app came through. Can you offer any advice?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

On mine, once I set up my account (same owner account as my old N7), it started installing all the same apps automatically, unless they came from the Amazon app store. At the very least you should be able to look up the apps & tell them to install. Not all settings were transferred, though.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

On mine, once I set up my account (same owner account as my old N7), it started installing all the same apps automatically, unless they came from the Amazon app store. At the very least you should be able to look up the apps & tell them to install. Not all settings were transferred, though.

Or you could simply root ut get titanium back up put it to drop box or a thumb drive and simply root the new nexus 7 transfer the files to the 0 folder and use titanium to restore them with app data intact :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

• Sign in with the same Google account.
  • Open the Play store.
  • Choose my apps from the top right.
  • Open the ALL tab.
  • Install them.

Yes i was going to recommend that as well but you beat me to it :) hey jerry can you help me retrieve my old screen name? Cyanogen_man i forgot my pass word and i must of put the wrong email for a contact :(

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Hey Jerry,
Looking to get my game data from my unlocked, stock 2012 to my locked 2013 N7. I tried a batch restore on Helium, but only one app came through. Can you offer any advice?

Never had much luck with Helium. Since it's unlocked, you could root it and use adb to pull the data folders or use titanium.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Yes i was going to recommend that as well but you beat me to it :) hey jerry can you help me retrieve my old screen name? Cyanogen_man i forgot my pass word and i must of put the wrong email for a contact :(

When you get a message about your current username (come on man lol) tell whoever sent it you need your old one back. I'm pretty sure we can do that somehow.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Or you could simply root ut get titanium back up put it to drop box or a thumb drive and simply root the new nexus 7 transfer the files to the 0 folder and use titanium to restore them with app data intact :)

Meh, I'm ok with it actually. I was almost disappointed when it started automatically installing everything on its own. I was going to take it as an opportunity to rethink what apps I really want/need. I'll still do that, but in reverse - looking through & removing apps I don't need. But with double the storage (I had a 16gb N7 & got a 32gb N7-2), I'm not in any big hurry. lol

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

When you get a message about your current username (come on man lol) tell whoever sent it you need your old one back. I'm pretty sure we can do that somehow.

I just want it back i had it for about a year and a half idk y maybe an auto correct but i had the wrong email in it if you have an administrative option to tell me the email it sent to if i still have access to it (i had about 30 emails ending in @yahoo.com