OMG. This thing has a battery that just won't quit!

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a now 'ancient' Toshiba Thrive 7, I'm astonished to see my Nexus 7 battery at 97% hours after disconnecting from the wall.

I'm lovin' this thing.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i had 17 hours on my first full charge of screen time plus about one hour of a seriously sweet graphics game dungeon hunter 4. Without the solid hour of that game i would of hit a day I'm guessing.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the battery definitely seems pretty solid. I got mine yesterday and played around with it for about an hour or so last night, and maybe another half hour this morning, and I was surprised to see I still had 90% of the battery left. On my Transformer Prime, I'd probably be sitting in the 80s, or even 70s, by now. @_@

I'm also impressed with how quickly this thing actually boots up and connects to my wi-fi. I haven't actually timed either one, but it seems like my phone takes about 30--ish second to boot up, then maybe another 10 seconds or so to connect to my wi-fi, then another 30 or so seconds before I start getting my e-mail notifications from overnight. With the new Nexus 7, it seems like it only took about 10-15 seconds to boot up, and within seconds, I was connected to wi-fi and getting notifications of the e-mails I had gotten overnight. Pretty good stuff. I wonder if that's Android 4.3 at work, or if that has something to do with my phone (and/ or the ROM it's running). Hm.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that snapdragon sure is snappy. I could shut off and restart my Nexus 4 probably 5 times (or more) in the same time-span of shutting off and restarting my old 8GB Nexus 7. It was that bad...

I cannot wait to have the Snapdragon experience on my N7, should be here tomorrow!!

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone started using this coming from an Ipad or using it along with it? I am wondering if the battery is as good as the iPad. I find its phenomenal and I have the ipad 3. Looking to change tablets so I'm curious.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I used the Nexus for 8 hours (almost totally on continually playing PowerAmp at work today, also had the wifi running most the time). By the end of the day I was down to about 15% battery life left, I don't know if this is good or bad since I don't anything to compare it with.
Edit:
Second day of use as a "mp3 player" using Power Amp continuously, with maybe 40 minutes of stop time. From 6:15 this morning. Changes made last night, changed live wallpaper to a static backdrop and didn't use wifi (which I didn't need today), also screen stayed off 95 percent of the time, because I wasn't building playlists up.
Screenshot_2013-07-30-09-42-24a.jpg

Screenshot_2013-07-30-12-42-23a.jpg

Screenshot_2013-07-30-15-19-48a.jpg

I don't know if these images will show, but my current battery is still over 80%

Last edited:

eloderung

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Within 40% battery: downloaded about 4 hours of 1080p video, listened to music for an hour, watched an hour of netflix, had notifications and wifi running since last night, installed some 20 apps, and GPS was active the entire time.

This battery is definitely insane. I'm upgrading from an original kindle fire, and I think this battery lasts 300% as long.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I really am noticing just how long it lasts. I played Riptide GP 2 for an hour and a half, and the battery came down about 10%. The screen on this thing is also super efficient. On an equal brightness level on my old tab, the new Nexus 7 screen comprised of 24% of my battery usage. My Galaxy tab? About 67% battery usage for the screen.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this is 4.3 that is doing this? I hope so because that means my N4 is going to get a nice boost.

no it's the s4 pro chip inside. s4 pro is actually lingo for snapdragon 600. the cpu in it is confirmed to be a snapdragon 600 with 300 series krait cores, just downclocked by 200mhz. these are designed to be more energy efficient than even the nexus 4 (which has 200 series krait cores). also many other components are using a 28nm energy efficient process, and the screen itself is more energy efficient. ddr3 itself is pretty energy efficient to begin with too, and with more ram, you're spending less time swapping data in/out of ram, and just cycling it instead.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
This is great news. I'm thinking of getting one for the wife. Plus the kids can use due to the new accounts options. I'm waiting for best buy to get a floor model to try out it.

Via Android Central App from a Galaxy Note 2