Any disadvantage to buying from the Play Store?

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I live in a small town, there is no Best Buy, Staples, Target, Office Depot or Office Max. There is a Walmart, but they don't have stock yet and are usually slow to stock stuff like this anyway. So I ordered from the Play Store as soon as I got notice.

But then I wondered how their customer service is if I should have any issues like dead pixels or dust under the screen or any problems. If I need to return, will they credit my credit card? I would not want the funds put in Google Wallet, because I'm not a big content buyer.

I could get to a Best Buy if I had to, it's just not convenient since it is a 2.5 hour round trip drive.

Sent from my Nook HD+

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I got mine from Amazon. They seem to have a pretty good return policy for defective products. I think you should be okay with directly from Google. I haven't ever had to try to return anything, or talk to their customer service, so I wouldn't really know though.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd pick it up from Amazon instead of the Google Play store. If anything happens, Amazon is great to deal with for any issues.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Amazon was quoting 3-4 week shipping estimates by the time I got around to ordering. I ordered from Google Play since they were still quoting a July 30 ship by date. Hope they can come through!

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I would not recommend ordering from the Play Store. They've been a hassle for me when I tried to get a refund for my 2012 Nexus 7. I ended up having to dispute it with my credit card company. I'd do Amazon or a B&M store.

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
their is no disadvantage through google and I wish I had purchased mine through them. They have this advance warranty exchange program where if the new device is defective they send you a brand new device as long as you put a hold on your account for the funds ensuring that the defective unit is returned. Even though not all people have such money laying around at all times its good know that you can get a new device, resetting the one year warranty without having to deal with the manufacturer. Gamestop does not offer refund for opened packages, but because i was too excited about getting mine I overlooked the benefit google offered. Just don't go scraping and dinging it up, because then they might take the money for the new unit.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If they would have had them in stock I would have preferred to order mine from the Play Store. If nothing else for the warranty handling which is ship it back and we will send you another unit. I know if the one I have develops an issue I will have to take it to the store and they will likely send Asus, or make me send to Asus and pay shipping.:-\

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
their is no disadvantage through google and I wish I had purchased mine through them. They have this advance warranty exchange program where if the new device is defective they send you a brand new device as long as you put a hold on your account for the funds ensuring that the defective unit is returned. Even though not all people have such money laying around at all times its good know that you can get a new device, resetting the one year warranty without having to deal with the manufacturer. Gamestop does not offer refund for opened packages, but because i was too excited about getting mine I overlooked the benefit google offered. Just don't go scraping and dinging it up, because then they might take the money for the new unit.
So this warranty advanced cross-ship is only available if you go through Play Store or is it available for all warranty claims.

I've seen other manufacturers do that and it wasn't tied to the store I purchased the device from so I was curious about how Google's policy worked.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Amazon was quoting 3-4 week shipping estimates by the time I got around to ordering. I ordered from Google Play since they were still quoting a July 30 ship by date. Hope they can come through!

I ordered mine from Amazon on Saturday morning, and selected next day shipping. It just came today, and It is such an amazing device.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea it's pretty good knowing that you will be sent a brand new system under normal defect cases and not having to ship to the manufacturer where it just might fixed

Posted via Android Central App

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Got my 32GB LTE one from Ebay...I like Ebay cause I often find the shipping costs are cheaper there.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
"Got my 32GB LTE one from Ebay...I like Ebay cause I often find the shipping costs are cheaper there'.

How? It has not been released yet.

Last edited:

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

OK, that sounds good. I usually keep my devices in very nice shape, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Nook HD+

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I would not recommend ordering from the Play Store. They've been a hassle for me when I tried to get a refund for my 2012 Nexus 7. I ended up having to dispute it with my credit card company. I'd do Amazon or a B&M store.

I hope it won't come to that. The reason I posted in the first place is because I'm having a bit of hassle with Kobo over a defective e-reader return and it's a very obvious defect, too.

At any rate, my Nexus 7 has shipped. Hoping for a good unit, but if not, and Google gives me hassle, I will try Amazon.

Sent from my Nook HD+

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci