Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any disadvantage to buying from the Play Store?

I live in a small town, there is no Best Buy, Staples, Target, Office Depot or Office Max. There is a Walmart, but they don't have stock yet and are usually slow to stock stuff like this anyway. So I ordered from the Play Store as soon as I got notice.

But then I wondered how their customer service is if I should have any issues like dead pixels or dust under the screen or any problems. If I need to return, will they credit my credit card? I would not want the funds put in Google Wallet, because I'm not a big content buyer.

I could get to a Best Buy if I had to, it's just not convenient since it is a 2.5 hour round trip drive.

Sent from my Nook HD+

Default Re: Any disadvantage to buying from the Play Store?

I got mine from Amazon. They seem to have a pretty good return policy for defective products. I think you should be okay with directly from Google. I haven't ever had to try to return anything, or talk to their customer service, so I wouldn't really know though.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

I'd pick it up from Amazon instead of the Google Play store. If anything happens, Amazon is great to deal with for any issues.
    dwd3885 likes this.

Amazon was quoting 3-4 week shipping estimates by the time I got around to ordering. I ordered from Google Play since they were still quoting a July 30 ship by date. Hope they can come through!

I would not recommend ordering from the Play Store. They've been a hassle for me when I tried to get a refund for my 2012 Nexus 7. I ended up having to dispute it with my credit card company. I'd do Amazon or a B&M store.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

their is no disadvantage through google and I wish I had purchased mine through them. They have this advance warranty exchange program where if the new device is defective they send you a brand new device as long as you put a hold on your account for the funds ensuring that the defective unit is returned. Even though not all people have such money laying around at all times its good know that you can get a new device, resetting the one year warranty without having to deal with the manufacturer. Gamestop does not offer refund for opened packages, but because i was too excited about getting mine I overlooked the benefit google offered. Just don't go scraping and dinging it up, because then they might take the money for the new unit.

If they would have had them in stock I would have preferred to order mine from the Play Store. If nothing else for the warranty handling which is ship it back and we will send you another unit. I know if the one I have develops an issue I will have to take it to the store and they will likely send Asus, or make me send to Asus and pay shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tg2708 View Post
    their is no disadvantage through google and I wish I had purchased mine through them. They have this advance warranty exchange program where if the new device is defective they send you a brand new device as long as you put a hold on your account for the funds ensuring that the defective unit is returned. Even though not all people have such money laying around at all times its good know that you can get a new device, resetting the one year warranty without having to deal with the manufacturer. Gamestop does not offer refund for opened packages, but because i was too excited about getting mine I overlooked the benefit google offered. Just don't go scraping and dinging it up, because then they might take the money for the new unit.
    So this warranty advanced cross-ship is only available if you go through Play Store or is it available for all warranty claims.

I've seen other manufacturers do that and it wasn't tied to the store I purchased the device from so I was curious about how Google's policy worked.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatone3 View Post
    Amazon was quoting 3-4 week shipping estimates by the time I got around to ordering. I ordered from Google Play since they were still quoting a July 30 ship by date. Hope they can come through!
    I ordered mine from Amazon on Saturday morning, and selected next day shipping. It just came today, and It is such an amazing device.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Yea it's pretty good knowing that you will be sent a brand new system under normal defect cases and not having to ship to the manufacturer where it just might fixed

Posted via Android Central App

u have to pay shipping and tax from the play store

Quote Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
    I didn't. $0 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I ordered from Amazon on Sunday and selected free shipping so I expected a long wait.
    It was delivered the next day! Got it Monday.

Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

Got my 32GB LTE one from Ebay...I like Ebay cause I often find the shipping costs are cheaper there.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by enjoylife949 View Post
    I ordered from Amazon on Sunday and selected free shipping so I expected a long wait.
    It was delivered the next day! Got it Monday.
    Lol, I ordered on Saturday, and paid for next day shipping and it also came on Monday.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

"Got my 32GB LTE one from Ebay...I like Ebay cause I often find the shipping costs are cheaper there'.

How? It has not been released yet.
    Last edited by tg2708; 07-30-2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

OK, that sounds good. I usually keep my devices in very nice shape, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Nook HD+
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Um, no, when I ordered it said shipping was free, at least for a limited time. And no sales tax in my state.

Sent from my Nook HD+
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by warmonked View Post
    I would not recommend ordering from the Play Store. They've been a hassle for me when I tried to get a refund for my 2012 Nexus 7. I ended up having to dispute it with my credit card company. I'd do Amazon or a B&M store.
    I hope it won't come to that. The reason I posted in the first place is because I'm having a bit of hassle with Kobo over a defective e-reader return and it's a very obvious defect, too.

At any rate, my Nexus 7 has shipped. Hoping for a good unit, but if not, and Google gives me hassle, I will try Amazon.

Sent from my Nook HD+
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Best Buy has free shipping....

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatone3 View Post
    I didn't. $0 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pfunnyjoy View Post
    Um, no, when I ordered it said shipping was free, at least for a limited time. And no sales tax in my state.

Sent from my Nook HD+
    weird. i've had to pay shipping and tax on everything i've ever ordered from the play store... so i went with amazon this go around

Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

"Got my 32GB LTE one from Ebay...I like Ebay cause I often find the shipping costs are cheaper there'.

How? It has not been released yet.
    It's on its way.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

My experience of play store with my N4

Quick to replace/exchange, VERY!!!! slow to refund.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    My experience of play store with my N4

Quick to replace/exchange, VERY!!!! slow to refund.

Hopefully all will be well, if the device that arrives has issues, I'm more likely in need of a replacement than a refund, as I really do want one. My Walmart does have a few new Nexus 7s now, but only 16 GB, so there's still no local source for the 32 GB model.

If it should come to wanting a refund, I suppose if they gave me hassle I could get my CC company involved. Meanwhile, my very first 7" tablet is on the way, in the middle of the country somewhere. I was rather hoping it would ship from CA, but nope, shipped from KY, which means I probably won't see it this week.

I ordered a case for it yesterday on Amazon. I have a padded sleeve for a Kindle Keyboard that should do until the case arrives. The Kindle can take its chances, it's only a cheap refurb I keep around for testing epub conversions.

Sent from my Nook HD+
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

weird. i've had to pay shipping and tax on everything i've ever ordered from the play store... so i went with amazon this go around
    You are probably lucky to have done so early, yesterday when I was buying a case on Amazon, I looked up Nexus 7 FHD and the price was $300 from an outfit called BuySpry. Ouch!

Sent from my Nook HD+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast