Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would it be a big enough difference if I own a Note 2?

I've been wanting a tablet for a while...tried out the Asus Infitinity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but at their price points I felt they were just not worth it and was waiting for something better to come out. I've been playing with the idea of getting a 7 inch tablet and at the price point of the Nexus 7, i'd be happy with it I think. Only concern I have is...Will the size be different enough for me to like from my Note 2?

Default Re: Would it be a big enough difference if I own a Note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldFastHope View Post
    I've been wanting a tablet for a while...tried out the Asus Infitinity and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but at their price points I felt they were just not worth it and was waiting for something better to come out. I've been playing with the idea of getting a 7 inch tablet and at the price point of the Nexus 7, i'd be happy with it I think. Only concern I have is...Will the size be different enough for me to like from my Note 2?
    I'm considering the same thing and I have an HTC ONE(4.7 inch). I guess it depends on if the tablet can do anything that you can't already accomplish on your N2.

Sent from my HTC ONE Google Edition running ARHD 2.0 GE
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Hello Holdfast & Ben,
    Along with the Nexus-7 2013 I also own a 5.3" Galaxy Note.. which is just a hair shorter & wider than the Note 2.
    But this pic I took during my unboxing may help you decide.... :-)

[IMG][/IMG]

Much depends on how you intend to use each. I have a Note 2, iPad 4, an older Acer Iconia tablet running Honeycomb (I think), and a Lenovo Yoga Win8 convertible laptop for work. And now I have a Nexus 7 v2, which I use all the time.

The Note 2 is my go-to device, as it's always handy. But when I can carry the Nexus 7, I use it a lot. The screen is obviously the biggest difference, significant both in size and resolution. Reading, surfing, emailing, Ingressing, and watching video are all better on the N7. The Note 2 is more pocketable.

Thus far the only disadvantages I've found in the N7 include:
    - Fewer accessories
    - No external storage
    - Lack of threaded email view in Corp mail client (it may be possible, but I've not found it)

If it fits in your workflow and budget, get the Nexus 7.

Hope this helps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So, I bit the bullet and decided to get a Nexus 7 even though I have the Note 2. I thought I'd try it out for at least two weeks since that's what Best Buy allows for returns. So far so good. There is a considerable difference in screen real estate than the Note 2. I'm still not sure if the difference in size is enough to keep it. The main reason I chose to get a tablet was to somewhat replace my laptop in terms of using it for Web browsing, video and games instead of lugging around my laptop. At times it has felt like I'm using a HUGE phone and not exactly a tablet. I do like the portability compared to using a 10.1 inch tablet. There just isn't a 10 inch tablet out right now that meets my expectations and worth the premium price. The price for the N7 was just right and I didn't feel like a spent a small fortune like I did when I bought and returned the Asus infinity and Samsung Note 10.1. I'm hoping the size of the N7 keeps me satisfied and I end up keeping the tablet. We'll see.