Let's see your New Nexus 7 home screens.

Schwarzenberg

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I?m new in Android. Same days ago I bought a brand new Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I set a full HD (1920x1080) image as wallpaper. But the device doesn?t show the full image just a part of it approximately 75% of the picture. I tried to use other 1920x1080 sized pictures as background but the results always were the same. Just 70-75% of any pictures were displayed on my tablet. I tried to rotate the device but there never was showed the full picture.
What the problem can be? Does also somebody else experience the same as me?
Thank in advance for the answer,

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I?m new in Android. Same days ago I bought a brand new Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I set a full HD (1920x1080) image as wallpaper. But the device doesn?t show the full image just a part of it approximately 75% of the picture.

Yes that is how it works. Android slides the picture around as you switch between screens so it takes a special resolution to fit. You can Google for the right picture size to use.

Hammer

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
evysu2eh.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MacSteveT

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I?m new in Android. Same days ago I bought a brand new Nexus 7 (2013) tablet. I set a full HD (1920x1080) image as wallpaper. But the device doesn?t show the full image just a part of it approximately 75% of the picture. I tried to use other 1920x1080 sized pictures as background but the results always were the same. Just 70-75% of any pictures were displayed on my tablet. I tried to rotate the device but there never was showed the full picture.
What the problem can be? Does also somebody else experience the same as me?
Thank in advance for the answer,

I ran into the same problem when I first got my N7.2 and was new to Android. This wallpaper behavior is because android stretches the image across all 5 home screens and scrolls right or left across the wallpaper image.

After trying several different approaches, I settled on a simple app in the play store that solves this problem:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.shirobakama.imglivewp&token=20xQBZ8w

Works for me anyway :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I got my home screen to look how I wanted. I'm happy about that, but I'm still trying to get ideas for the other 4 pages.
I have a set up for 3 pages which I'm ok with, but not completely happy with. No idea what to set up on the last page.
I'll just keep gathering ideas from the screenshots you all continue to post.

or0zsy.png

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I got my home screen to look how I wanted. I'm happy about that, but I'm still trying to get ideas for the other 4 pages.
I have a set up for 3 pages which I'm ok with, but not completely happy with. No idea what to set up on the last page.
I'll just keep gathering ideas from the screenshots you all continue to post.

http://i44.tinypic.com/or0zsy.png

Very nice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Very nice.

Thanks! I like the set up you have on your home screen and I would like a similar set up for one of my extra home pages. Just looking for a widget that's similar, but not weather related. Would have been great if the Nexus would have allowed me to only use 3 home pages instead of 5.

Last edited:

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I like the set up you have on your home screen and I would like a similar set up for one of my extra home pages. Just looking for a widget that's similar, but not weather related. Would have been great if the Nexus would have allowed me to only use 3 home pages instead of 5.

That's why is use Nova Launcher on my Nexus 7. I only use the number of home pages that I want to use. Usually just 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
That's why is use Nova Launcher on my Nexus 7. I only use the number of home pages that I want to use. Usually just 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)
Yeah I downloaded the Nova Launcher and I really liked the option of removing home pages. But since this is my first Nexus device, I want to use it as close to stock as possible, which means trying to figure out what to do with the extra screens lol.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded the Nova Launcher and I really liked the option of removing home pages. But since this is my first Nexus device, I want to use it as close to stock as possible, which means trying to figure out what to do with the extra screens lol.

I don't understand that way of thinking. Nova allows you to make it exactly how you want it. You apparently want it a certain way but don't want to use the tool that allows you to....