Nexus 7 (2013) NFC Not Working

c3ringer

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the new N7 and everything seems to work great except the NFC. I know that Google Wallet won't work, but it doesn't recognize any NFC enable device or tag. I've tried with my old N7, my S4, and an NFC tagged credit card (which usually an NFC reader can recognize). Can't send files or even detect an NFC tag. Any one else experiencing this issue?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I found syncing with my Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus I had to move the devices around until I hit the sweet spot on the tablet.

RedKetchup

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I bought a Portable Wireless Speaker model SRSBTV5B from Sony. It is suposed to work with NFC. My Nexus 4 (4.3) and my Galaxy Nexus (4.2.2) are all able to work with it via NFC. The Nexus 7 (2013) does not. But, I can use my Nexus 7 (2013) to beam stuff to my Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus. Am I missing something?!? Shouldn't it work if beaming stuff works?!

LFD153

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue, took it back to Walmart, the second one seemed to have the same issue right out of the box, but tried it again later and suddenly it worked. Who knows?

Yu Li1

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes,I get exactly same problem in my new nexus. When I tried to connect my nexus 7 and my htc one, the Android beam does not work. I just called the Google. I solved the problem by reset my device. I think you can try this.

Last edited:

jeffmwang

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same problem with the NFC. Which device did you reset? and where do you put the htc one and nexus 7 (2013) back to back? should it be right in the middle of each device to get the so called sweet spot?

Thank you

Alligator42

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My Qi charger worked just fine at first, then suddenly stopped yesterday. Nothing I do makes it charge wirelessly. Google support hasn't been that helpful (yet, they are still trying).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech