New Nexus 7 low speaker volume

77sriUSA

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does the new Nexus 7 speakers are not loud enough. My SG4 is much louder and crispier than these so called "Stereo speakers, Surround Sound - powered by Fraunhofer3". Voume is set to the max. Is there anything else that could be done to increase the volume? Called up Google support and the technician wasn't of any help either. They want me to take this up with ASUS or try an exchange from Best Buy from where I got mine. Any suggestions?

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the new Nexus 7 speakers are not loud enough. My SG4 is much louder and crispier than these so called "Stereo speakers, Surround Sound - powered by Fraunhofer3". Voume is set to the max. Is there anything else that could be done to increase the volume? Called up Google support and the technician wasn't of any help either. They want me to take this up with ASUS or try an exchange from Best Buy from where I got mine. Any suggestions?

It's hard for me to complain or say that the speaker volume is not loud enough (which really, I think they're great) when I'm coming from the old N7. That mono speaker was terrible.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I would say mine is about the same volume as my original Nexus 7. The sounds is better quality with 2 speakers but I do wish it was louder.

STARBUZZIN

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I too have the same LOW VOLUME issue even at full volume control. Mine too is from Best Buy.
I am wondering if replacement could solve this issue.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been fine, I had it in a Case Logic zippered sleeve, mostly zipped, in the car last night, testing how navigating with the GPS was, and I could hear it just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's hard for me to complain or say that the speaker volume is not loud enough (which really, I think they're great) when I'm coming from the old N7. That mono speaker was terrible.

The orig. N7 has 2 speakers, but they are very close together and only have one mesh cover for both.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the my volume has everything to do with the source. YouTube videos vary all over the place from hard to hear to nice and loud. The most reliable and best/loudest sound is from Netflix and of course rips from my CDs. Coming from the original Nexus 7, I'm more than pleased with my sound volume and quality.

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia