Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS syncing app suggestions?

Hey, I'm looking for an app that will let me see and send my phones SMS messages on my N7. I tried Mighty Text and had a ton of problems with it, it didn't import my contacts, large delays, messages sent from my tablet never actually sending.

I don't mind paying a few bucks for such an app if it works well, any suggestions would be much appreciate, thanks!

Default Re: SMS syncing app suggestions?

Tablet Talk

I use it all the time so I don't even have to touch my phone at all. Even shows when someone is calling on your tablet.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is that one that make you use a custom messaging app on ur phone in order for it to work? Not necessarily a deal breaker, jw. Thanks for the recommendation btw.

MightyText is WAY better than Tablet Talk imo. Tablet Talk syncs messages directly between the devices while MightyText syncs them to a cloud service.

Also, you can install a Chrome (on your computer) MightyText add in so you can see and send texts from your computer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I had always heard good things about Mighty Text, and i tried it first, it's free after all. However it just wasn't really working. Texts weren't going through that i sent from my tablet, the contacts weren't syncing at all to my N7. I emailed them and they seem to think it's because im running a custom rom on my phone and i'm not really planning on changing that lol

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts

This obviously won't work for everyone, but I use Verizon Messages, which does Verizon carrier-end syncing. SMSs will pop up on my Nexus 7 and are dismissed/read when one of the other devices reads it. Works very, very well. Works on Android phones, tablets and on iPad (no iPhone version).

Messages can be sent/received right from the tablet. There is also a web interface for any desktop/laptop and it also works on iPad. Since iOS doesn't let you replace the stock SMS app on the iPhone, it won't work on iPhone.

The downside is their app replaces the stock SMS app on the phone. It's not super pretty, but fully supports MMS, group messaging, emoji and web/map previews. Also has sent/received receipts and so far has stayed perfectly in sync between my Razr HD and my two Nexus 7s (a 7.1 and a new 7.2).
    Nexus 5 • Nexus 7 • Surface Pro 3

Mighty text says it is not compatible with my device on the new nexus 7...

Edit: was trying to install the computer one apparently.

Posted via Android Central App

Installed and tried Mighty Text on my Galaxy Nexus and new N7 tonight. Working well so far.

For the last few days I kept thinking to myself that I really wouldn't need to use my phone around my house if only I could text on my N7.

Thanks much for this thread!

Same thing I was thinking! Since I can now text from the tablet, I pretty much don't have to use my phone at home now...lol except for calls. Which are few and far between.

And this size I think is perfect to text on in portrait.

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for an app that will let me see and send my phones SMS messages on my N7. I tried Mighty Text and had a ton of problems with it, it didn't import my contacts, large delays, messages sent from my tablet never actually sending.

I don't mind paying a few bucks for such an app if it works well, any suggestions would be much appreciate, thanks!
    Give this app a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abletsms&hl=en

There is a Desktop version as well - let us know how you like the app and if it does what you are looking for .

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Give this app a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...abletsms&hl=en

There is a Desktop version as well - let us know how you like the app and if it does what you are looking for .
    Except it just a trial and costs $5 a year. There is no need for that when MightyText does the same thing and it is 100% free.

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    Except it just a trial and costs $5 a year. There is no need for that when MightyText does the same thing and it is 100% free.
    Op already tried Mighty Text and had issues with it. You might not be having issues with it and that's great. However, there are other options available and paying a small one time or annual fee to support the work of a good developer should not be basis of not using a particular app.

I also understand that there are lots of users who don't have access to paid apps for many reasons. Op is OK with paying for a good app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

From reading the text description of Tablet Talk it seems you need to have either a wifi connection to and from your phone or a bluetooth connection to and from your phone at all times to make it work, is that correct? If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having free wifi hotspots or wifi in your home? You can't be sending a wifi and be connected at a hotspot (like at my work) at the same time, so would data usage be going on?
    Also does Mighty Text work this same way?
    I've been using Handcent for a long time on the phone... and just switched to Verizons txt msging for the tablet due to it's incapability, I'm also looking for a goot alternative.