Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Random restarts?

How many other people have had random restarts just wondering it seems to happen when browsing in chrome mostly. Any suggestions? Thanks

Default Re: Random restarts?

It happened to me 4-5 times for me yesterday. Was gonna get it exchanged at Best Buy, but decided to try and do a factory reset first. Its been about 15 hours with no random restart. I'm gonna give it the rest of the day though, because I know someone else tried doing a reset and it didn't fix the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If you could update that would be great if I have to reset I will but don't want to if it doesn't do anything. Waiting to see if it's just the last chrome update or if it's something in 4.3 itself

It's been well over 24 hours since I did a factory reset and I haven't had a random restart since. This is just my experience this far though.

Carrier
    STOCK

It happened to me about 3 times out of the box. After the two updates it has not happened since, been over 2 days now.

hey guys.

I had a similar experience, my device would reboot often and always when I ran chrome. My advice to you is to exchange it if you can, because I exchanged mine; and the new one runs so smooth and fast. It never reboots or freezes. This is the way the n7 is suppose to run, so don't settle until you get a good one.

cheers.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Mine has only done it using chrome and it hadn't happened often. It has happened to my wife on her Xoom as well since the last chrome update. Other than that mind has been perfect nothing else has acted up very fast.

In fact I played around with my nexus 7 from last year with 4.3 and the newest chrome and it happened a few times.

Just some 4.3 and app goofiness in sure 4.3 has broken the dell printer app I use as well.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Did a factory reset today and reloaded it. The only app I have that is causing this is chrome since the last update and it seems common looking through the feedback on the newest version. Netflix caused an issue to where it wouldn't turn on also seems like others have had this issue to randomly happened once to me which is why I did the reset.

On my second day with my N7, and I've haven't had a random reboot yet. My activity has mainly consisted of app installing, twitter, and YouTube. I'm trying to hold off on Netflix until its issues are resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How is it going after the reset?

I'm also having these random reboots since 4.3.

Thanks

I have also had a bunch of restarts. I was hoping they would stop after the updates were installed but I did have another one last night after everything was updated. I bought it from Staples so I'm going to see how it goes for a bit and if I get a couple more I'm just going to return it. Had to return the first Nexus 7 that I bought at launch because of the screen coming up.....decided to try this version at launch and it's crashing within minutes of me taking it out of the box.....Google and Asus need to step up their game. My Android phones have never had any problems.....my Samsung phone hasn't crashed a single time.

My Nexus 7 has started restarting again. Happens when browsing Youtube, Netflix, or Chrome. I'm going to Best Buy today.

Mine rebooted once right after I uninstalled an app. Nothing since though.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Carrier
    STOCK

Does anyone else's nexus 7 pause for several seconds? It happened to me maybe 2 or 3 times. I would just be on my tablet and then everything stops. Touch doesn't work and stuff then goes to normal after 5-9seconds

Reboot hasn't happened still. But I did have to force reboot when it got stuck on the X when I restarted it.

Sent from my Oven
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm sure it isn't the tablet it's some of the apps because the latest chrome has done the same thing with my wifes Xoom. And Netflix has a known issue. But it's the chrome app that is the real issue if I use dolphin or another browser it doesn't happen at all. The Netflix thing happened to me only once. I've been using my chromecast a lot and it's worked perfect. So I'm just waiting for them to fix chrome as it is my preferred browser.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I've done two things and haven't had a single reboot yet.

1. removed flash that was side loaded.

2. removed updates for chrome

One of those did the trick.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Happens to me about 3 times a day, but I'm returning it anyway so I don't care.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by fishepa View Post
    Happens to me about 3 times a day, but I'm returning it anyway so I don't care.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    That isn't going to help you most issues seem to be software and go with 4.3 and some apps. This device isn't the only one with 4.3 having issues.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HisSvt2 View Post
    That isn't going to help you most issues seem to be software and go with 4.3 and some apps. This device isn't the only one with 4.3 having issues.
    I know it's a software issue. I just don't see the need for the nexus 7 when I already have an S4.

Sent from my SCH-I545
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

No restart issues on my Nexus 4, but I have had my new Nexus 7 restart on me 3 times since thursday. Once about 30 minutes after I got it setup the day I bought it, and twice just now while trying to use Airdroid. I think it's an app compatibility issue specific to this device and apps not updated to 4.3. I'll keep an eye on it, if it continues she's going back to the store.

Edit: the more I use this with only getting restarts with certain apps the more I'm beginning to suspect this is a software incompatibility issue with certain apps, and not the device itself. A lot of people are saying it happens with chrome but chrome hasn't caused me a single restart. I think it's apps that were recently used and are still going on in the background and are just causing the reboots during chrome surfing.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I exchanged mine today so we will see what happens if it was the unit of the software.

I've had it happen a few times since I bought it a Week and a half ago. Twice while browsing on Chrome and once while trying to open Chrono Trigger. It's clearly not compatible with 4.3 yet, lol.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Almost 24 hours with the new one and not a single issue.

Quick scan of this thread and seems like most ppl are talking about good old fashioned reboot/restart issues. I woke up this AM back at the *welcome* screen, after having organized all my apps and using the device problem free for the last couple days. Supwitdat? Anybody experience the same? I sure hope this little hiccup was a one time thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    Quick scan of this thread and seems like most ppl are talking about good old fashioned reboot/restart issues. I woke up this AM back at the *welcome* screen, after having organized all my apps and using the device problem free for the last couple days. Supwitdat? Anybody experience the same? I sure hope this little hiccup was a one time thing.

Posted via Android Central App
    So it did a factory reset all by itself? WTF? Wow. . . . that's the first I have heard of that happening. I would be pissed if that happened to me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast