where to buy cheapest nexus 7 right now?

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you're going to find any sales since the Nexus 7 is so new. That Staples $30 discount was unintentional.

The cheapest place to buy would be a physical store so you don't have to pay shipping. Or maybe an online store if you don't need to pay tax and shipping is cheap. Just shop around.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The $30 Staples coupon I got said it was for the first generation Nexus 7.
There was one last week that had no restrictions. Staples released the Nexus 7 2013 earlier than initally planned thus making the coupon usable. Then they realized this application of the coupon wasn't something they intended and they went back and re-wrote the coupon.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine for about ~$250 which was exactly the same amount when purchased at Google Play. And I don't think you can find anything cheaper because it's brand new release.

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
newegg's deal seems best, since it doesn't have taxes and includes a $60 headset for free. being a person who has had bad luck with loose or broken headset wires time and time again, a free pair is nice to have, and good to use on a tablet for good sound. they appear to be decent quality as well.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It comes and goes. It was on for a while, then they took it off, then it came back, now it looks like it is gone again.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought one from Newegg about 2 hours ago for $229 even, shipped. It's already on it's way and expected to be here tomorrow.

usmctsc7

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if I missed this in the thread but... Has anyone actually received their 2013 nexus 7 from newegg and spent some time with it to see if they've noticed any issues? Because if you really can order for 229 without tax then it would be the best deal out there currently. I'd appreciate if any users could address any issues upon receipt.

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Anybody living in, or close to, Tennessee can get the Nexus 7, or any other tablet not considered an ereader (kindle or nook) without sales tax this weekend. The tax free weekend starts today and runs through Sunday. Georgia's is next weekend but I don't know if tablets are included. I just bought mine during my lunch hour at Best Buy.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
the newegg deal asks you to pay for tax,etc. so it is like you are paying about $30 or so for an extra big size headphone.

i think that the best deal right now is on amazon. some of the sellers don't charge tax, and they send it free.

mched

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get the 32gb version at Office Max and used there 20% off coupon that is good until tomorrow. Better than the Staples deal last week. :D

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
are you sure that you got the 2nd generation? because i just checked their web site, the 32 gb 2nd generation are only

Available for Shipping
Not Sold in Store Not Available in Store
Eligible for order online, pickup in store service Not Eligible for Online Store Pickup

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if I missed this in the thread but... Has anyone actually received their 2013 nexus 7 from newegg and spent some time with it to see if they've noticed any issues? Because if you really can order for 229 without tax then it would be the best deal out there currently. I'd appreciate if any users could address any issues upon receipt.

I got the newegg deal within a few hours of it being posted on july 26th. STILL haven't received it. took 3 days to process, and so far predicted to arrive on the 6th. that's over 10 days after processing to deliver, 3 days over the estimate of 4-7 days with eggsaver shipping.

newegg just isn't what it once was. I used to get most packages within 2-3 days maximum with free shipping, all the way across the country from the distribution center. the main reason why I ordered from them though is no taxes, the free headphones, and I needed a cheap wifi router. if I were to try to buy it locally, I probably would have spent no less than $70 for a wifi router, and that's too expensive if you ask me. got a cheapo one on newegg for $15 that will be good enough. I however, probably won't order from them again due to their slow shipping unless they have something I can deal with waiting 15 days to be delivered. with the processing and delivery time combined, and if it arrives at the stated time, I will have essentially waited nearly 2 weeks since ordering to receive my order. ouch!

I contacted them to complain about the super slow shipping taking 3 days longer than the maximum of 7 days listed. they told me if it doesn't arrive by the 6th to contact them. I however, doubt they will do anything to make it right for the slow shipping, even if it arrives later than that. the only way they will care about it is if the package never arrives. I shudder to think of how much longer I'd have to wait if that happens -- if it did they better be shipping a replacement with priority overnight shipping for free or give me a full refund so I could buy it from somewhere else.

newegg has really gone downhill. its glory days (mid-early 2000's) are long past. they used it to reel a loyal customer base, then thought it was fine to provide crappy service after that.

Last edited:

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on Amazon, paying no tax saved me $20 and that was good enough for me. Plus two day shipping was nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There was one last week that had no restrictions. Staples released the Nexus 7 2013 earlier than initally planned thus making the coupon usable. Then they realized this application of the coupon wasn't something they intended and they went back and re-wrote the coupon.

I got my new nexus z7 at BB and they matched the staples coupon. Great deal.