Homescreen Icons Cleared to Default After Soft Reset

daaarn

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So I got my new Nexus 7+Jelly Bean 4.3 over the weekend and I have loved it so far. However, I have had 1 big problem so far. After trying a soft reset [or whatever it's called when you hold the power button until it blacks out and the startup screen appears], all of the app icons I had arranged were wiped out and the default orientation re-appeared. This happened another time when I booted up my Nexus after a particularly long shutdown and a frozen startup attempt. Has this happened to anybody else, and if so, is there anyway to prevent/fix this? Is there a way to backup my apps and their orientation [like in iOS products where a restore from an old backup puts everything back to its original state]? Thanks for the help!

njs11usc

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem last night except when I turned my tablet back on, it responded as if it was the first boot. I had to put in my Google account and install both updates again. Then all of my apps started to download from the play store onto my device again. Hopefully this was only a one time thing...

Sent from my Nexus 7