- 12 Posts
Homescreen Icons Cleared to Default After Soft Reset
So I got my new Nexus 7+Jelly Bean 4.3 over the weekend and I have loved it so far. However, I have had 1 big problem so far. After trying a soft reset [or whatever it's called when you hold the power button until it blacks out and the startup screen appears], all of the app icons I had arranged were wiped out and the default orientation re-appeared. This happened another time when I booted up my Nexus after a particularly long shutdown and a frozen startup attempt. Has this happened to anybody else, and if so, is there anyway to prevent/fix this? Is there a way to backup my apps and their orientation [like in iOS products where a restore from an old backup puts everything back to its original state]? Thanks for the help!
- 08-06-2013, 10:06 AM #2
- 08-06-2013, 11:25 AM #3
- 20 Posts
Re: Homescreen Icons Cleared to Default After Soft Reset
I had the same problem last night except when I turned my tablet back on, it responded as if it was the first boot. I had to put in my Google account and install both updates again. Then all of my apps started to download from the play store onto my device again. Hopefully this was only a one time thing...
Sent from my Nexus 7
- By Nussbuss in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 12-06-2013, 04:27 AM
- By harryhoudini66 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 4Last Post: 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM
- By beh in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
- By barner04 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 13Last Post: 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM
- By Mastaking in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-04-2013, 08:41 PM