help with hangouts gallary

sthfatal

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi A.C. I visit the site daily but never post much. Anyways I just purchased a new nexus 7 and I love it but there is something that is just annoying me and I can't take it. I use hangouts to send pictures to my family but every time I send a new pic through hangouts it create a new album in my gallery with the pics I sent but it does not allow me to delete them. I've tried deleting the chat in hangouts and the albums are still there.. Any suggestions? Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Jennifer. When you upload to Hangouts the photos are saved to your Google+ photo album. If you want to keep the photos saved online but don't want the pictures to show up on you device then go into Settings > Accounts > Google > Uncheck photo sync. This should prevent to the photos from showing up in your phones gallery.

Let us know if you have further questions.

sthfatal

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks .. I believe future pictures won't be saved to the gallery anymore but the ones that are there still cannot be deleted..any other suggestions? I appreciate the help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks .. I believe future pictures won't be saved to the gallery anymore but the ones that are there still cannot be deleted..any other suggestions? I appreciate the help
Do you use Google+? I so, you can open the app, go into photos and delete the gallery for hangouts. That should fix the problem.

sthfatal

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
No I don't use it but I did sign in to delete the albums from g+. All my pictures have been saved to g+ and it won't let me delete them although I did delete them from "album" tap at the top left. In the "photo" tap it's not letting me delete them.. If ur confused reading this sorry I'm just as confused trying to get this done.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No I don't use it but I did sign in to delete the albums from g+. All my pictures have been saved to g+ and it won't let me delete them although I did delete them from "album" tap at the top left. In the "photo" tap it's not letting me delete them.. If ur confused reading this sorry I'm just as confused trying to get this done.

No worries. Looks like you got it some :).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
IIRC you have to log on to the web site to delete the photos, I've always tried to delete auto backup photos from the app and I always end up going to the site.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer