1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Warmer Screen

I love my new nexus 7 2013.

That being said has anyone noticed the screen to be on the warm side of color? The screen is more red...so that white looks yellow than blue? It rather noticeable on the nexus 7 I have...specially when compared to my HTC one.

Is this the norm with thus tablet? I'm fine with it,just making sure it is normal and I don't have an odd one. Thee colors may be more accurate ,and I a, just used to the more cool colors of the htc one.

I appreciate your input.

Default Re: Warmer Screen

I noticed that same thing on Tuesday. I checked another in Staples and it was warm too. I believe it's part for the new screens.

Cheers!

Posted via Android Central App

I bought another Nexus 7 and came here just to post this. My original 7 (2013) has bright bluish whites, but the one I just bought has a more natural feel to it. There's no other difference in any other colors, surprisingly enough. Not sure which one is correct. I'm assuming the warmer white. I would return my original one, but the new one doesn't have that great of a touch sensitivity.

Someone posted a picture comparing their old and new nexus 7 and noticed the new one had more of a yellowish hue to it. I'm gonna see how it compares to my HTC one and iPad tonight.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have read over at xda that is depends on your particular unit...some or more yellow than others.

Asus could be using different screens to keep up with the demand. I wouldn't be surprised.

ROM
    STOCK

Mine isn't yellow.. I compared it with my old nexus 7 and new nexus has more white while the old had more dull white.. Colorwise looks similar.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I wonder if it is worth the effort to trade it for a new one. Seems like a gamble...

Please post a screenshot as an example.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Well,it looks like I was wrong. The HTC one has an amazing screen, so I downloaded dead pixel test for both devices, and compared them side by side at max brightness. The nexus 7 2013 looks similar to the HTC one.. Yet in the browser and various apps the two look different. I believe the dynamic contrast ratio for HTC one is higher. That doesn't mean it's better, just higher.

Well what is it supposed to be? The more bluish one or the more yellow one? The display at BB had the bluish white and they told me that was a display unit, so I'm under the impression that it's supposed to be that one?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

No, I think it varies... Period. The display units are subject to the same variability. Toy even see this type if variation with ipads. Normal for ips screens.