Anyone else love the new Nexus 7?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Once upon a time, I bought a Nexus 7 2012. It was awesome. It did everything I wanted it to do. Now... Nexus 7 2013 came out and I bought it before it was officially launched. The first time I saw it I was amazed at how sexy this looked compared to the old one. And then I bought it. I took it home and turned it on and finished the setup. This thing is fast, I mean blazing fast. The brightness goes a lot higher than the old one and the color seems to be much better than the old one. It was MUCH easier to hold in portrait in one hand thanks to the slimmer design. And it's all black. It looks premium. It looks good. It feels good. Definitely a worth device. I still have the old one but I haven't been using it as much. And because of how good this tablet is, I haven't used my phone as much either. Of course I won't take it anywhere until I get this thing a case, which won't be the case until the end of this month. :(

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Google and Asus hit a homerun with the new nexus 7. I'm absolutely loving mine. I was so frustrated with my original nexus 7 because of the lag issues. This one has absolutely no hint of lag , is always buttery smooth and the battery life is phenomenal. Best $229 I have ever spent.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for a few days but I still don't know. I may return it still.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Love mine. I loved the first one and this just improved in every aspect. I knew what to expect from the performance since its the same CPU and such as my Droid DNA. So I knew it would be nice and fast.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's buttery smooth and sweet! Don't mix my 1st gen Nexus 7 at all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wrwrx

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is my third tablet. The 1st being the original iPad I got for my wife a couple of years ago. Still going strong and my wife uses every day. The 2nd was a BB Playbook I got a little after the iPad. It was a GREAT companion 2 my BB. The PB was really a great piece of hardware. The software was very intuitive as well. BB Bridge was very convenient. Unfortunately very poor dev support and BB opting to abandon it leaves it pretty much derelict. I miss some of the features of the PB, but since I've since long left the BB camp, there is nothing I really need the PB for. I got the new N7 as a gift @ BBY the moment it was available; actually got the first one 4 sale to the public @ that particular location. So far I love it! A few things I wish it had were swipe gestures like the PB and the ability to bridge the N7 to my android phone w/o tethering fees. Bridge allowed me to do that. Other than that, it's fast as h3ll, has a gorgeously crisp screen, kick a$$ battery life and fit and finish are impressive for a device costing well under 300. Aside from a bit of light bleed along the top edge of the boarder I've experienced no other issues. Hands down the best tablet I've had the pleasure to use. If it stands the test of time, I'm a happy camper.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Loved the new Nexus. For 3 days. Had to return it to Best Buy due to a faulty backlight that would blink off periodically. Re-ordered yesterday from Google Play and got a shipping notice this morning.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine. I have the Note 2 and the difference in display size wasn't that noticeable. I'll get the Nexus 10 when it comes out. I use tablets for bedroom & living room. Not commuting.

That said, it was my first experience with the Nexus line. Loved the build, the software and of course, the resolution was incredible.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Almost didn't buy it because my first gen is still working fine - and runs 4.3. I relented, and I'm glad I did. I did a video comparison side by side with the old one and I was shocked. I am not talking about the resolution, but rather the color and contrast. I always knew the old one had bad video, but I didn't know how bad!

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and traded in my Note 10.1 for mine. It's definitely worth the tradeoff. The 10-inch tablet form factor just isn't for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mobile Nations mobile app

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I used my Optimus G more than the original Nexus 7 because it just wasn't a pleasant experience. It was much slower in use even though it had a larger screen. The one new solves every issue I had with the original. I now use it much more than my phone at home.

dtsoll

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Google and Asus hit a homerun with the new nexus 7. I'm absolutely loving mine. I was so frustrated with my original nexus 7 because of the lag issues. This one has absolutely no hint of lag , is always buttery smooth and the battery life is phenomenal. Best $229 I have ever spent.

Ditto here!

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto here!

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Loved mine so much I returned it to get the 32 gig version. I already have it rooted and customized. I also have a Note 8, iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire HD and prefer the Nexus 7 well over all of these. By far the best tablet experience. I dont have any of the issues some people report. However, while some sound legit, many sound nit picky. No product is perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12