Won't turn on and won't charge! [SOLVED]

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Esteemed members of the 2013 Nexus 7 owner's club, greetings!

I woke up to a bad surprise this morning: my Nexus 7 won't turn on.
I plugged it in to charge up, I don't think it is doing that either.

Here's what I've tried so far:
  • Press power button for 15 seconds: Nothing
  • Plug in charger, press power button for 15 seconds: LED flashes 5 times
  • Press power and volume down button for 15 seconds: Nothing
  • Plug in and press power and volume down for 15 seconds: LED flashes 5 times
  • Press power and volume up for 15 seconds: Nothing
  • Plug in and press power and volume up for 15 seconds: depleted battery appears on the screen, but no charging indication

Any ideas?

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Aaah, the problem went away after I tried this:

1. Plug in
  2. Press power and volume up until you see the battery icon
  3. Let go and charge for 5 or so minutes
  4. Press power like you would to turn it on normally
  5. Voil?!

webbkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Having a similar issue. My 2013 N7 has been playing up a few days after I first got it. After picking it up yesterday morning, I took it off charge, and noticed that it said 'Charging', even though it wasn't. I thought nothing of it and continued use per usual. That night, went to charge it again, and it still said charging, but when I plugged it in, it did not recognise that there was a voltage running through it. It still said charging. Now, it is out of battery, and will only flash 5 times when I press the main button. I have tried the above solutions with no avail.

Any help would be incredibly kind, and I thank you in advance for any ideas. I think it might be time for another trip to ASUS Service centre. Again.

esmode

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue after the keyboard locked up several times and it wouldn't power up. This finally made it boot. Thanks.

anon(8222103)

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem, I've been charging my android pc tablet for a few days now and it's not turning on, the only time the battery light comes on is when it's charging, when I take the charger out nothing works, please reply back

Sarastroohu

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I replaced the battery of my N7 2013 and charged 2 hours or more.

1. Plugged in
2. Hold power and volume up button down more than a min.
3. I don't see any changes and just 5 times LED blink

What shall I do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I replaced the battery of my N7 2013
This doesn't have a removable battery; how did you replace it?
Are you sure you bought an OEM battery?
When you connected the charger did you see the battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Kim May

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
my nxsus 13 2013 would not charge or start I plug it in for about an hours and tried pressing the volume down: nothing then I plug it in and tried the same : nothing I moved it to another charge and press the start button few seconds it started up and working saying it was at 100%. try charging it for a while then press the stasrt button.:D

Frey551

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

1. Plug in
  5. Voil�!

What a relief..
thanks a lot.
It's works on my brother Zenpad C 7.0

Marko Pelicon

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

1. Plug in
  5. Voil�!

Thanks so much man,I work for Google and they gave me a knew on and we could t figure it... your the man bro :)

Dag O Seim

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
my Asus ZenPad10 just was on around 20% batterylife the it got lockscrened (noting was clickable, not even power off or restart), tryed to chage it with diffrent chargers and nothing workd

So i did
1.Plugged the charger in. (the orginal that comes with the tablet)
2 .hold the power butten only (i tried your 3rd option) then i got to a menuafter about 5-10 sec that said recoverybot/Something i cant remember and 3rd option boot normal. i clickd the 3rd option. Bot normal. and now it charges again, and i just turned it back on

Will_son

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
My Nexus 7 (2013) suddenly turned backstreet two days ago. None of the above suggestions has worked. Do you think it just needs a new battery?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since I have no idea what 'backstreet' means I'll have to assume that it has something to do with not turning on and/or not charging. A battery replacement would be a reasonable solution.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No problem. FWIW the problem could also involve the micro-USB port - if the port is going bad then that may account for why the device isn't charging. If that's the case a new battery won't solve the problem: you'd either have to replace the micro-USB port (actually, the little PCB that the port is mounted to) or rely on wireless charging.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to tell which is the problem, other than replacing the battery or trying wireless charging.

Htd947

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
No problem. FWIW the problem could also involve the micro-USB port - if the port is going bad then that may account for why the device isn't charging. If that's the case a new battery won't solve the problem: you'd either have to replace the micro-USB port (actually, the little PCB that the port is mounted to) or rely on wireless charging.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to tell which is the problem, other than replacing the battery or trying wireless charging.

Htd947

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Also make sure you only use the charger that comes with the tablet (or any other device); another charger may look exactly the same, but it won't work. Don't know why it's so finicky, but that's tech life for ya.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance