Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reboot when recording video

I'm having a problem with my Nexus 7 2013 32GB version consistently rebooting when attempting to record video.

I can reproduce this consistently as follows:

1. Stick the Nexus in front of a scene with a lot of action (Recording a YouTube sports video) having the scene fill the entire display of the Nexus.
    2. Record at 720p or 1080p (haven't tried it at the lower resolution).
    3. Start recording the video.
    4. Less than 5 minutes the Nexus will lock up and reboot.

I think it's due to overheating because the back of the Nexus is fairly hot.

Anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Reboot when recording video

Quote Originally Posted by bodysurf View Post
    I'm having a problem with my Nexus 7 2013 32GB version consistently rebooting when attempting to record video.

I can reproduce this consistently as follows:

1. Stick the Nexus in front of a scene with a lot of action (Recording a YouTube sports video) having the scene fill the entire display of the Nexus.
    2. Record at 720p or 1080p (haven't tried it at the lower resolution).
    3. Start recording the video.
    4. Less than 5 minutes the Nexus will lock up and reboot.

I think it's due to overheating because the back of the Nexus is fairly hot.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes, sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. I think its a combination of applications in the background as well as overheating. When I close all background tasks and work in a cool environment, it's great.

your step 1 has nothing to do with the tablet itself. it will record whatever its camera captures. so it really doesn't matter, it will still record if it is all dark.

i think that if it keeps happening, then it is something wrong with the tablet itself, not how you capture videos.

yes, try to close all other apps and see if it will work.

also, try to record videos in the safe mode, that might solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    your step 1 has nothing to do with the tablet itself. it will record whatever its camera captures. so it really doesn't matter, it will still record if it is all dark.

i think that if it keeps happening, then it is something wrong with the tablet itself, not how you capture videos.

yes, try to close all other apps and see if it will work.

also, try to record videos in the safe mode, that might solve the problem.
    I think the idea is that the scene being action packed is more processor intensive to record thus generating more heat and creating a problem.