Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Infamous "package file is invalid"

Quote Originally Posted by nextcity View Post
    Install the Amazon App Store app...then download Netflix. It will at least allow you to install Netflix until the issue is resolved in the Google Play Store. I do believe it will be the non HD version...but at least you will be able to install it on your device.
    I was able to install Netflix (2.4.1, build 950) from the Play Store after a reboot. Of course, I'm not a subscriber, so I can't test much other than the opening screen that wants me to log in. . I could sign up for a trial, but that is so much work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This issue is more common than you may think. Just saw this is entry in the Google technical support area:

[#10230007] “Package File Invalid” error when downloading or updating apps

We’ve received reports that some users are getting "Package File Invalid" while trying to download or update apps.

We’re currently investigating a permanent solution, and there are no workarounds at this time.

We’ll continue to update this page with developments, so check back soon.

Issue first reported on: August 7, 2013

Last updated on: August 9, 2013

Doesn't offer a solution. Think I'll just wait until Google figures it out.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

This bull**** has me seriously eyeing an iPhone 5S. This is so damn stupid. Does the iPhone ever have these issues pop up? My nexus tablet has been killing itself trying tp update these apps. the battery is lasting 3 hours of scree on time, and now I can't update or install anything.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Try Hideman VPN.

So no announcement from Google yet eh? And no fix?....just work arounds. I'll bet the Android developers are just loving Google right now.

Try again. It worked for me today.
    It was failed a few days ago, now it works. I didn't make any notable changes to my nexus 7.

I'm not going to say this is the surefire workaround. But I saw somewhere to clear data from Google Services Framework. I did this, rebooted the phone and successfully updated Kindle and Runkeeper. These two apps were giving me the Package File is invalid error message when I tried to update them.

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    This bull**** has me seriously eyeing an iPhone 5S. This is so damn stupid. Does the iPhone ever have these issues pop up? My nexus tablet has been killing itself trying tp update these apps. the battery is lasting 3 hours of scree on time, and now I can't update or install anything.
    At least Google gives you a notification when an app crashes or doesn't upload, unlike another OS.

Google did announce that they're working on an update for this problem so it is just a matter of patience.
    Sprint: HTC Touch, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 3D, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Series 3 Chromebook
    2013 Nexus 7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12