Does Light Bleeding Get Worse with Time?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I returned my 1st Nexus 7 due to having issues with typing and the screen be unresponsive at times. My replacement works great but has a little light bleeding on the top. It's not very noticeable but in a dark room, I can tell its there. So my dilemma is do I take a chance on exchanging a third one or just not worry about it. If it stays like it is, I think I am OK with it but my question is, can it get worse in time?
Thanks in advance,
Dean

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
light bleeding never changes, if it's there. it may be more noticeable under different brightnesses though. I got lucky, zero lightbleed....something I consider rare with most screens.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
light bleeding never changes, if it's there. it may be more noticeable under different brightnesses though. I got lucky, zero lightbleed....something I consider rare with most screens.

Thanks Joe. My wife also got a new Nexus 7 and she doesn't have any either.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Exchange it.. Before your window closes forever.
This Technology has to show some brightness around the screen if you tilt it off axis enough, but there was one shot that someone posted in another Lightbleed thread that showed massive Bleeding all around the screen.. it was hideous.

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I wish I was you, I really want a nexus 7 (2013) but the first two I ordered had light bleed and dead pixels. The second one I ordered had dirt on the box and the power/volume rocker was loose. I think the box may have been dropped.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app