best book app?

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to use my nexus as an ereader. Is there an app that will easily let me sideload my own epub files? I tried the nook app but couldn't figure out how to get my own DRM free books to show up.

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
the play store would be great, except at the moment my google play store will not open on my home wifi~! I can only access it at work. weird issue that I hope is resolved soon.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When they added Play Book support for epub I stopped converting with Calibre for Kindle and moved everything to Play because it can do a decent ballpark job of synchronizing where I'm at between devices. Now I can read a book on whatever device I have handy.

Posted via Android Central App

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
You can use Play Books, or download the Aldiko ebook reader. (I bought the pro version, and it's worth it)

thanks to all. I decided to try the Aldiko free version. I think I'll be happy with it. I can pop my epubs into my dropbox folder on my computer, go to dropbox on my nexus, click the book, and it opens right up in Aldiko. I downloaded some new fonts for it and changed the screen settings to my liking. Nice and simple. for a new android user, that is important.

I have no file manager on my nexus, so I couldn't figure out where to drop books into the nook books app. But, I think I'll like Aldiko, because I never have to look for a cord.

What features does the pro Aldiko version have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez