Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Netflix 15001 error

FYI, I just spoke with both Google and Netflix customer support centers and its Netflix who is working on a fix. Google will refer you to the developer if you call their customer support number.

The guy at Netflix did say that their tech department has received quite a few complaints regarding the same error code (15001); he told me that I would receive an email when it was resolved.

Until then...

Just got my nexus 7 and when I turned it on the first time it told me it was doing a system update right after I connected it to my wifi. I let it install and when it rebooted I figured I was good to go... I started downloading and installing all my apps including Netflix and I immediately got the 15001 error. I tried clearing data, cache, uninstall/reinstall and nothing worked just like everyone else.

Here's how I stumbled across the solution to fix it. take your finger to the top edge of your screen and drag it down. A little menu should appear. When I did it one of options in the menu was (shockingly)a system update. I tapped that and it actually installed the 4.3 version and rebooted the tablet (the same thing I assumed had already happened when I first turned it on...) Once it rebooted I downloaded and installed Netflix again and no more error! Works great!

hope this helps!

Just got the latest update and it fixed the 15001 error.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

So many 'fixes' in this thread.

What process did you use to update? I've tried the "system update" but just get a "you're up to date" message. I've got the JWR66N build.

Cleared data in Google framework services and rebooted the device. After boot up I checked and there was a update waiting. I now have version JSS15Q and Netflix is working great.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by allenc85 View Post
    Cleared data in Google framework services and rebooted the device. After boot up I checked and there was a update waiting. I now have version JSS15Q and Netflix is working great.

This worked for me. Thanks!

Didn't work for me. Tried it twice. Stuck on JWR66N

Thanks allenc85 your steps worked for me as well. Clearing the Google framework was key. Before that it was perfectly happy to stay at jwr66n. Now to figure out epix crashes :/

Quote Originally Posted by allenc85 View Post
    allenc85 - You are my hero! Seriously, been trying to fix this for a week now and you're the first person who had the info I needed. HUGE thanks!

Last edited by Incumbent; 08-27-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Included my post in quote box

Clearing the data for "Google Services Framework" is not working for me. I have done this many times but I don't see the update after rebooting.

Same problem. Uninstalled Netflix. Installed the Nexus Update Checking from Google Play Store. Let it run it's routine; it updated the Jelly Bean. Reinstalled Netflix and it ran. Success....not to see if it freezes and lags like others have posted.

JSS15Q runs fine with Netflix at my house. But at my brothers house he has a slower router and I get freezing, lags and disconnects.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) via the Android Central App.

I dont get it, i have JSS15Q and im still getting the Netflix 15001 error

Thanks! Clearing Google Frameworks Data, immediately rebooting, and selecting "System Update" from pull-down menu was the trick for getting Netflix to run. One side effect: Touch screen was initially less responsive, but seems to be getting better as I type (was losing characters immediately after update and had to press some screen buttons harder than usual to get response).

what is going on with all these companys can they not put out a good product my nexus 7 piece of carbage google should be taken to court for this piece of junk no faith in google. nothing but re booting apps that don't work netflix anotherpiece of junk they can't even fix the error 15001. what abuch of useless tech support .Jacob

This may sound really silly but I had the same error code too. I called Netflix. They said to uninstall Netflix, power down tablet, go as close to the router as possible, power up the tablet, reinstall Netflix. Enter user name and password. Works great. I've had to do this a couple of times since and I really think it's a Netflix problem after the 4.3 update.

Posted via Android Central App

following these steps provided by Nflix chat support worked for me... good luck

brand new nexus 7 table, no software updates available, tried the suggestions in this post, cannot get Netflix to work, very disappointing.

I just bought my Nexus 7 2nd gen and I had the same problem with the error. However I downloaded the Kitkat 4.4 update and it works!

Deleted 3.0 and replaced with 2.4.1. Netflix now works. Suggests a Netflix problem not google.

Regarding the 15001 error preventing Netflix from even opening... Check your date and time settings. After getting nothing from all suggested fixes I did this on a hunch. My date was set 2 months ahead from cheating candy crush out of immediate lives (when you run out of lives just set your clock ahead two hours tricking the app into thinking that much time has passed.). I reset the date. Now its like 40,000 hours till my next life but Netflix runs just fine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12