Hello from the UK

okkio

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Okkio and I am new on the Forum. I live in the UK (Bristol). I finally ordered the Nexus 7 2013! I have received the delivery date (19th-20th of August). I am very happy about that and I can't wait. I have an iPad mini that the most probably will end in my children hands. I have few questions: Is it a much better device than the previous Nexus 7 (I mean fast and no lag). For me speaker are important and I'd like to know what about the sound quality?
Should I buy now the Nexus 4 and to have the perfect set?

Thanks for your help!

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Is it "much" better than the original N7? No. Not to me it isn't. Yeah, the new one has a better screen, dual speakers and a rear camera. The ONLY reason I popped for the new one is because I got 20% off the $269 price, it was a "tax free weekend" here in Florida (so I got my new N7 for $215 AND I sold my old N7 for $150. SO my net investment to upgrade was only $65. Not a bad upgrade.

The sound quality on the new N7 is pretty good. A lot better than the single speaker of the old N7.

As far as going ofr an N4? Good phone, but I would wait for the new N5 (or whatever Google decides to call it). I'm still using my Galaxy Nexus waiting on the next Nexus phone.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The new N7 also has 2gb of ram versus 1gb on most tablets (including the old N7). And, if you are experienced technology user you will have learned by now you can never have enough ram. The 2gb of ram on the new N7 really helps. This is one of the specs that doesn't get enough love! ;)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it a "much" better device than the previous Nexus 7?

For me the answer is a resounding "Yes". The difference is not subtle. Going from a screen resolution of 216 ppi to 323 ppi is a huge difference. (The much touted iPad 4 retina display is only 264 ppi.) The difference in speed is also very apparent. Add to that a better build quality, thinner, narrower, and lighter. For me it's a whole new world and I love it.

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49