Had my nexus 7 for 4 days, some comments and concerns.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my nexus7 2nd Gen. for about 4 days now, and I have some comments and concerns. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this is what I notice:

1. I'm having what seems to be specific input lag and touch recognition. Like, when I click on links in the chrome browser, swipe left to right on the home screen, and touch to open apps. Occasionally it'll have miss swipe, won't recognize my touching the icon, and won't regret ignite that I touched the link.

2. There's this weird lag on the home screen sometimes. Like it'll stutter.

3. It seems like I'm experiencing more apps crashing here than I did my n4.

4. Typing is kinda a mess. Maybe it's because I type fast, but there's quite a bit of missed key presses.

Anyway, am I doing something wrong? Is my tablet bogged down with something? Because I hear everyone say all these good things on reviews and how it's smooth, but I'm kinda not getting that occasionally.

Really thinking if I should just go back to iOS from now on.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I hate too admit, but I'm having some of those as well. Nexus usually is good about fixes though. If not, I will see how good this insurance is. Never had an issue with the 2012 Nexus 7 that I have to my grandson when I got my 2013 that I was so excited for that I actually got it a couple of days before the release date :-(

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I hate too admit, but I'm having some of those as well. Nexus usually is good about fixes though. If not, I will see how good this insurance is. Never had an issue with the 2012 Nexus 7 that I have to my grandson when I got my 2013 that I was so excited for that I actually got it a couple of days before the release date :-(

I mean, it's not like the tablets unusable. But these lite things are annoying. I don't think I should jump the gun and return it, though. Probably should give it a bit more time and see if these problems continue.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the links not being recognized is a problem on the 2012 N7 as well. I've mentioned that there are times when I have to click on a link 3-4 times to get it to open and sometimes that doesn't work. Those times, I have to zoom in on the page to make the link larger then try to open it again and it usually works.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly enough I've run into unrecognized link clicks on 3 different branded tablets over the past couple of years. I've come to feel it's a tablet thing in general. (And yes ipadders, that was one of them). It happens. When it happens more than just occasionally then you should start worrying that it's a problem. Some websites seem to be more troublesome than others but perhaps that's just my perception

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My only concern now is the battery life. I am in the process of adding all my apps back to see why my screen on time is a measly 2-3 hours, and the battery barley lasts a day.

My Wife's tablet was lasting 4 hours of screen on time, but now she was a mediaserver wakelock. No new apps, just now her battery is always dead from mediaserver. She has snapped 2 pics total, no music, no movies.

Getting tired of android.

ViennaGambit

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I could not type for anything on the new Nexus 7 I picked up on the release date.

I took it back to best buy, had them honor the 20% off office max coupon :)D) and picked up a replacement. I have NONE of the typing and screen inaccuracy issues with this one. It is night and day.

What's odd is that the glass surface on the faulty one was so amazingly slippery it was like uber polished! This one that works has a much less slippery screen...

I would exchange it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I could not type for anything on the new Nexus 7 I picked up on the release date.

I took it back to best buy, had them honor the 20% off office max coupon :)D) and picked up a replacement. I have NONE of the typing and screen inaccuracy issues with this one. It is night and day.

What's odd is that the glass surface on the faulty one was so amazingly slippery it was like uber polished! This one that works has a much less slippery screen...

I would exchange it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, but I bought it from a amazon seller. Which means its probably a pain to ship back for an exchange that may or may not fix my issues.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
What's weird is I think I was also noticing the typical g issues on my I pad as well. Like, when I hit one letter, it'll register another note ad. Like when I press c, either c won't register or it'll be something like z.

So really, not sure if it's worth shipping back and seeing if a replacement would fix the issues.

Or hell, aybe I'm over exaggerating. I don't know.

davidbonatz

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah typing is a big problem for me on this. I honestly thought this was the way it was meant to be but seeing how other people are having problems with this as well says otherwise. Im also having issues with my Nexus 7 and its charging time. It takes about 3-5 hours to charge when its *suposed to* only take 2. Because this is a 4,000 mah battery and the charger is supposed to pump 2,000 per hour. Anyways, anybody else having this issue? Kinda bugging me

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Im also having issues with my Nexus 7 and its charging time. It takes about 3-5 hours to charge when its *suposed to* only take 2. Because this is a 4,000 mah battery and the charger is supposed to pump 2,000 per hour. Anyways, anybody else having this issue? Kinda bugging me
I read the old nexus 7 take about 4 hours to charge,this one has a smaller battery also a lower charge output so i doubt you can fast charge it in 2 hours so fast.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I've had with typing is with gesture typing being overly sensitive to changes in pressure and thinking that a new word is starting. I've changed how I type on it slightly to correct, but it was a surprise.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Here is a display unit that has the touch screen issues. It's pretty bad on some. I guess I got lucky. I purchased two on July 25th and they both are running great. This tablet is a beast there is no doubt about it. Unfortunately some are experiencing some serious issues that google needs to address asap.

Check this video out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osd6WfTyCc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There is also a video on that channel of my nexus without any touch screen issues. Also on the display unit with problems it only acted up when not grounded aka not plugged in.

Sent from my HTC One

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah typing is a big problem for me on this. I honestly thought this was the way it was meant to be but seeing how other people are having problems with this as well says otherwise. Im also having issues with my Nexus 7 and its charging time. It takes about 3-5 hours to charge when its *suposed to* only take 2. Because this is a 4,000 mah battery and the charger is supposed to pump 2,000 per hour. Anyways, anybody else having this issue? Kinda bugging me

I am not sure how you determined your expected charging time, but
battery charging rate is nonlinear. The rate decrease as the device reaches capacity. This to minimize heat generation and the potential for gases build up.

Also the new charger is rated lower and the device charging profile is probably designed around that charger.

Posted via Android Central App

brianatbb

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
The new N7, which I was hoping to pick up, appears to have some serious issues. Unfortunately, Asus/google seem loathe to acknowledge them, which suggests minimal effort being made to fix them. I guess they're coasting on past sales and good reviews in the tech mags, and figure sales, not service, is what matters. Ho hum, guess I'll wait for the next ipad mini.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma