Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

rajdeep.malhi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
First time here, coming over from CrackBerry. If I'm not mistaken, the Nexus 7 is suppose to go on sale in Canada today on the Google Play Store. If so, does anyone know when exactly it will go live and when we can buy? Thanks in advance!

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up Nexus 7 open box for $219.99. Future shop price matched Google play price and gave me $10 off for open box. Awesome tablet. Well worth it.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I was going to skip this one over since I only got the 2012 N7 a few months ago. But after seeing all the reviews, I couldn't pass it up and bought it on a whim while on Memory Express last week. Glad I did. Great tablet for the money. Actually...great tablet, period.

So far so good, no light leaks, dead pixels, or touch screen problems. I don't really use my tablets as a GPS, so don't know if there's any issues on that end.

rajdeep.malhi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Now we play the waiting game. I sold my BlackBerry PlayBook the second they said it won't get the BlackBerry 10 update. I was extremely disappointed. It had to go. Extremely excited for my Nexus 7. It's going to be my first non BlackBerry device. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2007. Never once did I use a iOS, Android, or Windows device (other than my laptop).

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
As a former PlayBook owner as well, I can't help but look at the 2013 Nexus 7 and feel that it's somewhat like its spiritual hardware successor. 7" display, stereo speakers (on either side of the tablet), LED light, HDMI out, and soft touch back...all things I liked about the PlayBook.

Last edited:

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Now we play the waiting game. I sold my BlackBerry PlayBook the second they said it won't get the BlackBerry 10 update. I was extremely disappointed. It had to go. Extremely excited for my Nexus 7. It's going to be my first non BlackBerry device. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2007. Never once did I use a iOS, Android, or Windows device (other than my laptop).

I also sold Playbook. I got good money for it
i still have Z10. Tethering works great with Nexus 7.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
As a former PlayBook owner as well, I can't help but look at the 2013 Nexus 7 and feel that it's somewhat like its spiritual hardware successor. 7" display, stereo speakers (on either side of the tablet), LED light, HDMI out, and soft touch back...all things I liked about the PlayBook.

One thing I really liked about playbook were front speakers. It is weird that Google put speaks in the back with all that unused space in front

anon(226560)

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my Futureshop order and instead got it from the Play Store since it's cheaper. However, it's been shipped from the States via UPS. Will I get charged customs?

Sent from Nexus 4

rajdeep.malhi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I also sold Playbook. I got good money for it
i still have Z10. Tethering works great with Nexus 7.

I've got a Z10 as well. I'm just going to turn on mobile hotspot. It's too bad, BlackBerry couldn't develop a proper BlackBerry Bridge App. It had a horrible ecosystem. Looking forward to going through the Google Play Store. It's going to be a first experience. Never had an Android or iOS.

One thing I really liked about playbook were front speakers. It is weird that Google put speaks in the back with all that unused space in front

The front speakers was amazing. But hopefully they're loud enough and make up for the lost sound in the wrong direction.

I canceled my Futureshop order and instead got it from the Play Store since it's cheaper. However, it's been shipped from the States via UPS. Will I get charged customs?

Sent from Nexus 4

I don't think they can charge us customs now. That's why we ordered from Google Play Store Canada. I was expecting them to ship it from somewhere in Toronto or something since the payment went to a location in Toronto. Where they decide to ship it from is their choice. My shipment started at Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH to Detroit, MI and now its at Windsor, ON. It was shipped 2 days ago and I live in Brampton. I hope I get it today. If not today, Monday for sure!

Last edited:

anon(226560)

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they can charge us customs now. That's why we ordered from Google Play Store Canada. I was expecting them to ship it from somewhere in Toronto or something since the payment to a location in Toronto. Where they decide to ship it from is their choice. My shipment started at Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH to Detroit, MI and now its at Windsor, ON. It was shipping 2 days ago and I live in Brampton. I hope I get it today. If not today, Monday for sure!

Yes same here. Well then that's great, can't wait to get mines.

Sent from Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol