Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    First time here, coming over from CrackBerry. If I'm not mistaken, the Nexus 7 is suppose to go on sale in Canada today on the Google Play Store. If so, does anyone know when exactly it will go live and when we can buy? Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    It's already available for order at NCIX, Memory Express, Newegg, Future Shop and Best Buy.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    It's already available for order at NCIX, Memory Express, Newegg, Future Shop and Best Buy.
    I'm not interested in buying it anywhere else other than the Google Play Store.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    It seems today is your lucky day. It just went live on Google Play Canada.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    It seems today is your lucky day. It just went live on Google Play Canada.
    Thanks for updating me. I was actually about to leave for work when you messaged. I quickly turned back and bought it! So thank you.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Enjoy your new Nexus 7!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    I just picked up Nexus 7 open box for $219.99. Future shop price matched Google play price and gave me $10 off for open box. Awesome tablet. Well worth it.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    I was going to skip this one over since I only got the 2012 N7 a few months ago. But after seeing all the reviews, I couldn't pass it up and bought it on a whim while on Memory Express last week. Glad I did. Great tablet for the money. Actually...great tablet, period.

    So far so good, no light leaks, dead pixels, or touch screen problems. I don't really use my tablets as a GPS, so don't know if there's any issues on that end.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Now we play the waiting game. I sold my BlackBerry PlayBook the second they said it won't get the BlackBerry 10 update. I was extremely disappointed. It had to go. Extremely excited for my Nexus 7. It's going to be my first non BlackBerry device. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2007. Never once did I use a iOS, Android, or Windows device (other than my laptop).
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    As a former PlayBook owner as well, I can't help but look at the 2013 Nexus 7 and feel that it's somewhat like its spiritual hardware successor. 7" display, stereo speakers (on either side of the tablet), LED light, HDMI out, and soft touch back...all things I liked about the PlayBook.
    Last edited by BlackBerry Guy; 08-14-2013 at 05:15 PM.
  11. #11  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by rajdeep.malhi View Post
    Now we play the waiting game. I sold my BlackBerry PlayBook the second they said it won't get the BlackBerry 10 update. I was extremely disappointed. It had to go. Extremely excited for my Nexus 7. It's going to be my first non BlackBerry device. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2007. Never once did I use a iOS, Android, or Windows device (other than my laptop).
    I also sold Playbook. I got good money for it
    i still have Z10. Tethering works great with Nexus 7.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    As a former PlayBook owner as well, I can't help but look at the 2013 Nexus 7 and feel that it's somewhat like its spiritual hardware successor. 7" display, stereo speakers (on either side of the tablet), LED light, HDMI out, and soft touch back...all things I liked about the PlayBook.
    One thing I really liked about playbook were front speakers. It is weird that Google put speaks in the back with all that unused space in front

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    parcerita's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    I canceled my Futureshop order and instead got it from the Play Store since it's cheaper. However, it's been shipped from the States via UPS. Will I get charged customs?

    Sent from Nexus 4
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    I also sold Playbook. I got good money for it
    i still have Z10. Tethering works great with Nexus 7.

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I've got a Z10 as well. I'm just going to turn on mobile hotspot. It's too bad, BlackBerry couldn't develop a proper BlackBerry Bridge App. It had a horrible ecosystem. Looking forward to going through the Google Play Store. It's going to be a first experience. Never had an Android or iOS.

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    One thing I really liked about playbook were front speakers. It is weird that Google put speaks in the back with all that unused space in front

    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    The front speakers was amazing. But hopefully they're loud enough and make up for the lost sound in the wrong direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by parcerita View Post
    I canceled my Futureshop order and instead got it from the Play Store since it's cheaper. However, it's been shipped from the States via UPS. Will I get charged customs?

    Sent from Nexus 4
    I don't think they can charge us customs now. That's why we ordered from Google Play Store Canada. I was expecting them to ship it from somewhere in Toronto or something since the payment went to a location in Toronto. Where they decide to ship it from is their choice. My shipment started at Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH to Detroit, MI and now its at Windsor, ON. It was shipped 2 days ago and I live in Brampton. I hope I get it today. If not today, Monday for sure!
    Last edited by rajdeep.malhi; 08-16-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  
    parcerita's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 in Canada Google Play Store

    Quote Originally Posted by rajdeep.malhi View Post
    I don't think they can charge us customs now. That's why we ordered from Google Play Store Canada. I was expecting them to ship it from somewhere in Toronto or something since the payment to a location in Toronto. Where they decide to ship it from is their choice. My shipment started at Louisville, KY to Lexington, KY to Cincinnati, OH to Maumee, OH to Detroit, MI and now its at Windsor, ON. It was shipping 2 days ago and I live in Brampton. I hope I get it today. If not today, Monday for sure!
    Yes same here. Well then that's great, can't wait to get mines.

    Sent from Nexus 4

Similar Threads

  1. Is this normal when restarting Nexus 7 2013? The clock flashes a few times then bootup?
    By mikemike162012 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 03:14 PM
  2. Disable sleep/wake feature on Nexus 7 2013?
    By mikemike162012 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM
  3. Where is Google Maps?
    By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 08:25 AM
  4. Swype keyboard used to be free on 4.0, now its $0.99 google store?
    By mikemike162012 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 02:30 AM
  5. My new Nexus 7 arrived today - so far so good!
    By douglerner in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 11:46 PM

Posting Permissions

B