Nexus 7 2013 stuck in boot up with the x.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to restart my new nexus7 and it has been stuck on the boot up with The x flashing the colors for about20 minutes. What do I do to fix it?

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to restart my new nexus7 and it has been stuck on the boot up with The x flashing the colors for about20 minutes. What do I do to fix it?

This morning, I maybe didn't press the on button quite long enough, and it got stuck on the "x". I realized it wasn't booting properly and held the power button down until the screen went black. Then I restarted, and it booted normally.

So that's something you could try if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

If the power button is unresponsive, press and hold it down along with the volume down button for 15 seconds or so and the tablet should shut off. Then plug it in to the charger and turn it back on. This worked for me when my Nexus did the same thing last week.

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem today for the first time after doing a normal power off. I tried all the suggestions for getting past the X, including holding down the power button for 30 seconds, multiple times. I finally found the procedure below and since my patience had run out I did the nuclear option. Back to square one - except it's restoring the apps I had installed! That's convenient!

1.If your tablet is on, power it off.
2.Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android lying on its back.
3.Press Volume Down twice, until the screen says "Recovery mode."
4.Press Power to restart into "Recovery mode." You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
5.While holding down Power, tap Volume Up
6.Use the volume down key to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it
7.Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.
8.After it says "Data Wipe Completed", scroll to reboot & press the power button to select it.

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Is this a software or hardware issue??
In my case, I believe, I saw a recommendation to clear the cache for the email program to help get it working, so I did that to the Exchange app, but now I think it does more than just email and caused the boot problem. So it was a stupidity issue in my case.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Lastnight I was greeted by an Android lying on its back when I started up. I had never seen one of these on an Android device before and thoight how cute it would have been if it weren't on my device.

For me holding the powerbutton, seemingly 'forever', resolved the issue.

Bernard Hoste

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

I tried all of the above and still nothing works!! I keep getting stuck at the x!!

Frustrating:-X

What the last step before hitting the wall?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante