Is there any indicator of network activity?

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
On my iPhone and iPad I can tell if an app (e.g. MyFitnessPal or Flipboard) is updating because there is a standard network activity indicator at the top - a little whirling circle.

On my Nexus 7 I don't see anything similar, so sometimes I wonder if the app has updated or what...

Is there a way of having such an indicator?

Thanks,

doug

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that would be where the notification bar is telling on the update & download status -which is on the top left. When an app update or downloading, it would show an dash line from 0%-100% when done. And it will notify you on the notification bar. Hope this what you're referring to.

To open notification bar, just swipe down from the top left to see the progress.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
On my iPhone and iPad I can tell if an app (e.g. MyFitnessPal or Flipboard) is updating because there is a standard network activity indicator at the top - a little whirling circle.

On my Nexus 7 I don't see anything similar, so sometimes I wonder if the app has updated or what...

Is there a way of having such an indicator?

Thanks,

doug

Do you mean if the app is updating from the play store or just refreshing it's data?

Posted via Android Central App

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I mean refreshing it's data, or doing a cloud sync, or if a web page is still loading, etc. In all those situations the iPhone and iPad show a little spinning circle gear symbol at the top indicating that it is doing network activity. It's reassuring because you know, "ok - I need to wait for it to fetch stuff." But on the Nexus 7 I see no indicator that any network activity is taking place. It is. For example, when MyFitnessPal is synchronizing my diary. Or when Flipboard is updating its news panels.

Some apps, like Chrome in its tabs, have their own "loading" indicators. But I don't see a device indicator of network activity.

doug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy