- 31 Posts
Oakley ski goggle bag as a Nexus 7 case.
Just read the Nexus 7 sleeve review. $30 for a bulky case for a device whose main advantage to me is extreme portability. Often I can just put it in a front pocket caseless. I wanted something to keep the screen scratch free when I tossed it in a pack without adding bulk. Got my Oakley microfibre ski goggle bag out of the basement and tried it. Perfect.
-adds virtually no bulk, either in use or when off the tablet.
-can clean the display with it. I'll toss it in the wash when I remember.
-downside is no impact resistance.
Give it a try if you have a goggle bag.
- 08-17-2013, 05:17 PM #2
- 100 Posts
Re: Oakley ski goggle bag as a Nexus 7 case.
I guess it is fine if your not banging it around (pack). But yea.....its pretty much naked as far as any impact is concerned. I would look to wally world or a big box place for some simple neoprene type sleeve. For cheap you can find them on amazon if they tell you the correct size. I have a slightly larger neoprene sleeve that I use with my Moko SlimFit case to double protect my N7 when i put it in my backpack/travel bag. I would not feel at all comfortable with that goggle cloth transporting it around. I would get a TPU or a rubber/silicone wrap (Poetic GraphGrip when it ships end of the month for cheap), and a high quality screen saver if I were you.....at minimum if your going to be packing the tablet and carting it around.
- By npark2012 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) AccessoriesReplies: 23Last Post: 08-30-2013, 01:21 AM
- By Alexander Adams in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2013, 05:55 PM
- By jokeyhaha in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
- By kenyee in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2013, 03:32 PM
- By badelhas in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2013, 01:57 PM