- 92 Posts
Bought the new nexus 2013 and has absolutely no problems so far except for the fact that when my tablet is flat on the table my screen tends to not work at times but i'm always holding my tablet so it doesn't bother me too much. I recently just noticed however that i'm not getting a notification that anything has happened to my tablet. The notification shows up in the notification bar but i don't here my tablet going off alerting me or my LED light showing that somethings there. I made sure everything is turned on, notification sound and led pulsing. nothing changes. Running stock everything here on 4.3. Anyone else having this problem? Think its a bug in 4.3? i've passed my return day limit so i don't think returning at this point is an option.
- 08-19-2013, 01:16 AM #2
- 503 Posts
Re: Notification Problems
There is nothing wrong with your Nexus 7. Notification sounds are app specific.
For example open your email or Gmail app and go to settings. You'll find that you can turn notifications on and off and you can set the sound name you will hear. My incoming mail chimes just once when it first comes in. Then the white notification light at the bottom of the screen flashes very slowly until I clear the notification drop-down and read my email.
You can set different sounds for different apps. Not all apps make notification sounds.
I hope this was helpful.
Nexus 7 (2013)
- By cl9189 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
- By henryg23 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 11:28 PM
- By Gras in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2013, 11:21 PM
- By Miner in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2013, 08:29 PM
- By Exbruce in forum HTC One VReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM