Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By trooperoutlaw
  • 1 Post By Rim85
  • 1 Post By pfunnyjoy
  • 1 Post By aandrew610
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Nexus 7 Owner = Happy

Seeing all the negative, thought I would post some positive news here.

I purchased my Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB last week from Amazon.com. I got it Friday, August 16th and have heavily used it for all sorts of games, apps, music streaming, video, etc. Haven't had 1 single problem to this point. I still have 8GB of space left and have 70 apps installed ranging from games to productivity apps, wall paper apps, news apps, etc. I don't have any music or video stored on the device and don't intend on doing so. I will stream everything. Speaking of that, the speakers on this tablet blow away my iPod Touch and iPad 2. You can actually listen to music/movies/podcasts without using ear phones or external speaker. I like that a lot!

The screen is awesome! I have all iOS devices except this Nexus 7. I have to say I like it a lot! I have an iPad 2, iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen. I had originally planned on getting the iPad Mini 2 but the more I thought about it the more I wanted something different. I like the customization of Android and the Nexus 7 (2013) seemed to be a great device. The Nexus 7 is equally as nice as any Apple device I own. I am happy with my purchase. I am glad that I went with the 16GB version. I find the size of the Nexus 7 to be perfect for 1 hand reading and all around use. Battery life is pretty good, but not excellent. It is very snappy. Haven't had 1 hick up in performance. Reading these forums, I was a little nervous about buying one. I didn't know if I would get one with problems or not. But at the end of the day, I had to assume that people with the problems will be the ones to post. Most of the happy users won't seek out a forum and post positive reviews, they will just happily use their devices. If you are on the fence, jump in. It is a great device. I may develop problems on it today, who knows, but so far I am very happy with it and am glad I bought one now instead of waiting.
    Last edited by trooperoutlaw; 08-19-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added speaker info

Default Re: New Nexus 7 Owner = Happy

Thanks for that report! I hope the issues that are being reported can be cleared up with firmware updates ...

Quote Originally Posted by trooperoutlaw View Post

I purchased my Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB last week from Amazon.com. I got it Friday, August 16th and have heavily used it for all sorts of games, apps, music streaming, video, etc. Haven't had 1 single problem to this point. I still have 8GB of space left and have 70 apps installed ranging from games to productivity apps, wall paper apps, news apps, etc. I don't have any music or video stored on the device and don't intend on doing so. I will stream everything. Speaking of that, the speakers on this tablet blow away my iPod Touch and iPad 2. You can actually listen to music/movies/podcasts without using ear phones or external speaker. I like that a lot!

The screen is awesome! I have all iOS devices except this Nexus 7. I have to say I like it a lot! I have an iPad 2, iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen. I had originally planned on getting the iPad Mini 2 but the more I thought about it the more I wanted something different. I like the customization of Android and the Nexus 7 (2013) seemed to be a great device. The Nexus 7 is equally as nice as any Apple device I own. I am happy with my purchase. I am glad that I went with the 16GB version. I find the size of the Nexus 7 to be perfect for 1 hand reading and all around use. Battery life is pretty good, but not excellent. It is very snappy. Haven't had 1 hick up in performance. Reading these forums, I was a little nervous about buying one. I didn't know if I would get one with problems or not. But at the end of the day, I had to assume that people with the problems will be the ones to post. Most of the happy users won't seek out a forum and post positive reviews, they will just happily use their devices. If you are on the fence, jump in. It is a great device. I may develop problems on it today, who knows, but so far I am very happy with it and am glad I bought one now instead of waiting.
    I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase. It was a good choice. I am also very happy I got this tablet. As you, and probably many others, no issues to be seen. Reading forums can sometimes scare people away, because, after all, the forums are there to help others and you will see more issues than positive things about a device.
    I came from an entry level ACER Iconia Tab A110, and I must say, for only a few more $$ it was a substantial upgrade.

I too am very happy with mine. Only issue is the GPS issues, which I expect will be fixed by a software/firmware update soonish.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Well said! I'm very happy with mine too. I was an apple person for years. Have a first gen nexus which was my first android device. Then switched to an android phone. Now have the new nexus 7 and love it. As a matter of fact I never used my iPad 3 after even getting the 1st nexus last year so I recently sold it. I still love my macbook pro but when it come to tablets and phones, I'm now loving android devices much better....gives me more freedom. And yep like you I'm happy. OK so I think I said that enough in this post.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the 32gb coming this week, ships on Wednesday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    trooperoutlaw likes this.

most people come to forum to post issues, a review like this is rare so you cant really trust forums.
    Glad you are liking your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by puch96 View Post
    I'm glad that you are happy with your purchase. It was a good choice. I am also very happy I got this tablet. As you, and probably many others, no issues to be seen. Reading forums can sometimes scare people away, because, after all, the forums are there to help others and you will see more issues than positive things about a device.
    I came from an entry level ACER Iconia Tab A110, and I must say, for only a few more $$ it was a substantial upgrade.

I spoke too soon... Like always.... yesterday I had 2 resets..... Oh well... I'm sure Google and Asus are working hard to fix this glitches....

My 32gb came last Thursday, awesome display, updated to 4.3 immediately and was very buggy. I initially restored my apps from my Asus tf300 and after a few hours was very annoyed with all the bugs so I did a full reformat/restore. Started with just my Google account and stock setup, ran much better, so I'm adding apps slowly and looking for issues if any after each install and it is flawless now. No crashes, or reboots since then and I use it almost 24/7. Fingers crossed but confident, its an option I'm glad I took.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I've had my 32g for about a week and I am very happy so far. This little tablet is a hot rod.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I love the new one and i still have the first version which has always operated without a problem and still works perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by trooperoutlaw View Post

I've had mine two weeks, and I'm loving it. Other than the known GPS issue, which I've only seen once, no problems here. I've worked the tablet hard, using it for hours at a time, and it just performs like a champ.

I could wish the camera was a bit better quality, but happy to have one at all. Nice to be able to scan in my shipments and grab quick pix when no other camera is handy.

So far, the bluetooth accessories I already owned are working fine with the Nexus.

My only concern right now is that my Moko case doesn't wake it properly. Hope that is the case, and not the tablet.

Sent from my magical Nexus 7 (2013)
    eclein likes this.

Just bought myself a nexus 7 today. I cannot wait to test it out when I get home

sent from my galaxy s4
    trooperoutlaw likes this.