Tablet Nightstand Stand ???

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have done some Google searching and can't seem to find what I am really looking for.
I want to start using my Nexus 7 as my alarm clock. My night stand has two tiers, with the top one being smaller than the bottom one.
I am trying to find a stand that I can use on it that won't go sliding off when I hit the snooze, I mean the dismiss button. :)
Everything I am seeing seems to be pretty light weight.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Portable Fold-Up Travel Stand for the new iPad, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.0, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Touch (Black): Computers & Accessories

I have this, and I think it would work pretty well, as long as you aren't putting too much *umph* into your snooze pressing.

I use my tablet as an alarm clock, and like Alarm Clock Plus mostly because it has a HUGE snooze button that takes up like 3/4 of the screen.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.vp.alarmClockPlusDock&hl=en&token=bkEfBCDE

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 4 Qi wireless charger works about a million times better with my nexus 7 than it ever did with my N4. It does not slide off. Gets my recommendation if you have the money to spend on one.

Posted via Android Central App

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
And I'm really happy with the Tylt Vu, if you have even more money to toss at a wireless charger.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Before i put a case on mine, I found my Nokia 910 wireless charger was awesome for using as a stand and charger of course. But case ruined the charging which I figured it would.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Happily, the Tylt Vu will charge with my Moko Ultra Slim case. Perhaps because the Vu has 3 coils?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have my nexus on a Nokia 910 charger on my night stand. The charger holds the Nexus at a 50 degree angle and charges the Nexus while I sleep. If you have the Display setting Daydream set to Clock after your sleep timer expires the unit will see it is being charged, dim the screen and display the clock. The clock will move around the screen ever minute or so to prevent image burn-in.

I also have Dogcather installed and let it play podcast until it's sleep timer expires

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Portable Fold-Up Travel Stand for the new iPad, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 7.0, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Touch (Black): Computers & Accessories

I have this, and I think it would work pretty well, as long as you aren't putting too much *umph* into your snooze pressing.

I use my tablet as an alarm clock, and like Alarm Clock Plus mostly because it has a HUGE snooze button that takes up like 3/4 of the screen.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.vp.alarmClockPlusDock&hl=en&token=oEU5odiz

I just bought the full version of Timely Alarm Clock to use as my alarm on the tablet. I was using my phone and wanted something bigger. .
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=ch.bitspin.timely&token=BRo-IBQK

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have this - works very well.

41drwKu857L._SX385_.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
In 1995. A form of rotating optical storage was invented. I has largely gone the way of the 8-track, cassette tape etc. The packaging, made of non- biodegradable material, still exists and has been pressed into bedroom use.

Too funny but it's true. CDs are the past, haven't used one in years. CD players no longer come in new cars.

Yes, that thing I posted above was the spindle that came in a package of 100 CDRs. It works great as a tablet stand.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Too funny but it's true. CDs are the past, haven't used one in years. CD players no longer come in new cars.

Yes, that thing I posted above was the spindle that came in a package of 100 CDRs. It works great as a tablet stand.

Ahhhh....My 2012 F150 has a slot that looks like it would accept a CD, but it's never been attempted. Not with my One and a Bluetooth connection. I'll have to see if I have one of those down in the basement with all my old computer stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781