Bluetooth Sound Quality

mylesimp46

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
After using my new Nexus 7 for about a week I've noticed when streaming Bluetooth the sound quality is horrible....my RAZR Maxx HD sounds so much better with much less distortion... Has anyone else experienced this issue or do you think it wouId be best if I exhanged my tablet? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After using my new Nexus 7 for about a week I've noticed when streaming Bluetooth the sound quality is horrible....my RAZR Maxx HD sounds so much better with much less distortion... Has anyone else experienced this issue or do you think it wouId be best if I exhanged my tablet? Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!!
I don't have either, but here may be a couple possibilities.
1. The Bluetooth radio is bad in your device.
2. The Bluetooth radio quality isn't as good as the one Moto used.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed any sound quality issues streaming from my Nexus 7-13 to my Alpine stereo in my car. *shrug*

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I stream bluetooth to a Panasonic sound bar at home. I've noticed that the quality is much better than streaming bluetooth from my HTC Evo4G LTE. There is not nearly as much "noise" streaming from my N7. That said, bluetooth streaming in general, leaves a lot to be desired.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I stream bluetooth to a Panasonic sound bar at home. I've noticed that the quality is much better than streaming bluetooth from my HTC Evo4G LTE. There is not nearly as much "noise" streaming from my N7. That said, bluetooth streaming in general, leaves a lot to be desired.

I compared the sound of a full .wav file on a set of BT Headphones and a set of wired Headphones. They were of similar type of open-cell foam pads on the outside of the ear.
I could definitely hear a difference, the BT set was low dynamic range. The wired set sounded much fuller. It might not have been the signal transmission method that caused the difference, but it's possible. Isn't BT audio compressed like .mp3 files? I can't stand .mp3 files due to this.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done a real comparison, but I do think it isn't as good as the BT on my iPhone 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mylesimp46

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah after listening to it more its definitely not right...I guess I'll be calling Asus tomorrow!

David Rapalyea

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
My Nexus 7 is the only Android device I have that can stream Tidal streaming Master recordings. In my system it sounds like SACD. I hesitate to say your device is bad only that I can't explain the inexplicable audiophile quality of mine.

I googled to see blue tooth specs and the Nexus has 4.0 the Tab S2 has 41 so I just consider myself lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20