nexus 7 keeps going to "X" screen

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I got my nexus 7 2013 about 3 weeks ago and it has been perfect up until now. Yesterday my nexus just started randomly going to the colored x screen every 5-20 minutes. It doesn't freeze or completely shut down but this is starting to get rally annoying. Also I ordered it from amazon so if i should return it does anyone know their return policy? Thanks guys for your time.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Check out this post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=303005

This also happened to me and I had to factory reset. Since I am not new to this sort of thing, I had no qualms about doing so. But that may not be the same for you.

Look for a post by Asus_Fred. He has full steps on how to factory reset. Your tablet should be fine after that.

Just remember everything will be wiped.

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Is this real? :)

If so it is called random reboot. Search away.

If not get a life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

This response is very uncalled for.
1. It goes against forum etiquette to tell another user to 'search' when they are seeking an answer. If you know of a specific thread that may contain the answer that he needs, please, link it like a fellow user did above.
2. Instead of assuming that his question is not valid, why not try to help him with his issue. I'm sure someone out there is experiencing something similar. Not everyone is on these threads to try and bait anything.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Try to do a system restore and see if it continues to happen. Also, have you done any updates? Check if you have the latest version running JSS15J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87