Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Anyone received the new update that is being pushed by Google to fix multi-touch issues

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the update that is supposed to fix the multi-touch issues...
    I personally don't have this issue, but wondering if anyone noticed anything else that changed / improved / degraded based on this latest patch...

Default Re: Anyone received the new update that is being pushed by Google to fix multi-touch issues

I just checked- not available yet for me in the Southeast US...

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone received the new update that is being pushed by Google to fix multi-touch issues

In California....not yet.

Not yet. In Vancouver, Canada

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Not yet (Pennsylvania)

No. Australia

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

I downloaded it from google developer, and flashed it. The touch screen problem is still there. what an disappointment.
    Last edited by mikemike162012; 08-23-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Still waiting in Atlanta.

Nexus 7 (2013)

Still nada in Michigan

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Still nothing here in Pennsylvania. I'm still on build JSS15J.

Hi:

I received the update for my Nexus 7 2012 last night bit still no love for my Nexus 7 2013 in San Francisco this morning, still on JSS15J, stock unrooted. Thanks for the post as reading about so many people getting the update was making me a little crazy. Patience, patience ....

Tom

I have it. Installed as a zip. I am rooted. working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by elysm1 View Post
    Still nothing here in Pennsylvania. I'm still on build JSS15J.
    Same in PA

I just got it OTA in Austin @ 2:35pm cdt. Testing out gps now, so can't provide feedback on that yet, since it takes quite a bit of playing around with the gps to make it "break". Also, I couldn't ever make the multi touch issue happen, so all I can test is if I now have a multi touch issue.

Will update the thread as I learn more.

UPDATE: 3:55pm cdt: Been over an hour and I haven't been able to break GPS, yet. Have been bouncing back and forth between Maps, Navigator and GPS Test, which used to break it. So far so good, but I'll keep at it. Sometimes being slightly OCD is handy.

UPDATE: 1am cdt: GPS has been rock solid for me since the update. Still looking good so far.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by FitzAusTex; 08-24-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Nothing in Dallas

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Got it OTA about 20 minutes ago in MD. Can't say I noticed the multi-touch or GPS issues so I can't say that it really fixed anything, though.

EDIT: Build JSS15Q

Just downloading here in Minnesota, but I also can't say that I expierenced issues before update.

Nothing yet for me in VA.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

Mine was waiting for me when I came home from lunch an hour ago. I live in Colorado. I have not noticed much of a difference.

Got it overnight in Australia

Just received it now. I think I'm gonna wait for a while before installing, to see if it causes any new problems for people. I am not having any serious touchscreen issues now, so no big incentive to install immediately.

The update was pushed to my tablet (and my wife's 2012 Nexus 7 as well) sometime today. I had a notification that it had been downloaded and was ready to install when I got home from work today. I am outside of Rochester, NY ... though I don't know if region matters or not.

I didn't notice either GPS or multi-touch issues with my device prior to the update, so I can't speak to whether those issues were fixed or not.
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

I installed it today, everything was fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ken CleanAir System View Post
    The update was pushed to my tablet (and my wife's 2012 Nexus 7 as well) sometime today. I had a notification that it had been downloaded and was ready to install when I got home from work today. I am outside of Rochester, NY ... though I don't know if region matters or not.

I didn't notice either GPS or multi-touch issues with my device prior to the update, so I can't speak to whether those issues were fixed or not.
    Thanks for the informative update.

Well, I didn't wait, and just installed it: JSS15Q. I wasn't having major touch or multi-touch problems before, but long pressing was iffy. Anecdotally so far, long pressing seems more solid.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast