Magnetic Cover Sensor Question

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have Portenzo case on both my Nexus 7s. It turns on everytime I open the case, no issues with those ever. Might be the way some cases have the magnets set in the front.
No, because we can reproduce the behavior using just magnets. No matter where I place the magnet, it only wakes up when the WiFi is on.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly, my WiFi is set to always stay on during sleep, but I still get this occasional failure to wake up when opening the cover.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, my WiFi is set to always stay on during sleep, but I still get this occasional failure to wake up when opening the cover.
That's because at some point the device briefly lost the wifi signal. For some reason they do that occasionally while in sleep mode.

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
That's because at some point the device briefly lost the wifi signal. For some reason they do that occasionally while in sleep mode.

I have a nexus 7fhd Poetic case second gen and it works great but I noticed it will not wake the tablet when WiFi was not available and thought I was crazy. Works flawless when WiFi signal is available.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine sometimes doesn't wake when the flap of the devicewear ridge case is opened. I'm not sure what conditions cause it.
I wouldn't mind having to press the power button to wake the screen if it wasn't flush with the back and mushy.
I like the power button on the old N7.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have same issues, wi fi is always set to on but auto wake up and auto sleep works intermittently. I guess we will have to wait for Google to resolve this issue in future firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have a rooCASE and it does the same thing maybe 10% of the time. I think that it just has to do with occasional poor engagement of the magnetic sensors by the case or the case wasn't closed properly. It's not that big a deal IMO, nothing's perfect.

Posted via Android Central App

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same case with the same problem.
My wife bought basically the same design case but from Poetic. Apparently the had a lot of complaints and they sent out new ones to everyone that ordered one with a case that had been redesign.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have one of those Moko cases and that has not happened to me yet. Always responds to opening and closing the flap pretty quick. When I bought it, I must have overlooked that feature as I was a bit shocked when I noticed.

Posted via Android Central App

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Dont buy a Poetic case.
i bought a poetic case for my nexus7 2013 model
the magnet in the plastic casing got stuck in the lift covers magnet. now it wont stay put.
Poor Quality

Probably made in China

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Dont buy a Poetic case.
i bought a poetic case for my nexus7 2013 model
the magnet in the plastic casing got stuck in the lift covers magnet. now it wont stay put.
Poor Quality

Probably made in China

Contact them, they'll replace it. I've had poetic slimline cases on both my 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7's. I had some cosmetic issues with the first one I had for the 2012, but they replaced it, and I haven't had an issue since with it, or the 2013 one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781