Nexus 7 LTE version connectivity

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the new Nexus 7 LTE version and using it with AT&T. However, most of the time I am in an area with 4g only (no LTE).
Does anyone know if the Nexus 7 LTE will connect to regular 4g, or will it only be able to use 3g when LTE is not available?

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that a site said it would fall back to 3g on ATT. I think on Verizon if you have to go back to CDMA? you are out of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that a site said it would fall back to 3g on ATT. I think on Verizon if you have to go back to CDMA? you are out of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It's LTE and HSPA+, no CDMA. So fallbacks on AT&T and T-Mobile but nothing on Verizon.

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance but is at&t 4g hspa+ or cdma? My phone here says I am on hsdpa so that must be 4g? As you can tell I'm confused as to whether the lte nexus 7 will get 4g like my HTC One does when I'm not in an lte area. I may just stick with the wifi version and use my phone as a hot spot as needed.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is GSM/HSPA+/LTE. Unfortunately they call HSPA+ 4G when it's not really. If you're in an area without LTE it will still get HSPA and thus data.

Verizon users with the N7 will only have data coverage where there's LTE (almost everywhere).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith