NO OTA Because of Root?

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if having you Nexus 7 rooted will impact your ability to get OTA? I rooted mine but have the stock Android version.No custom ROM or anything. I know there is an update for GPS and Multitouch but when I check it comes back with nothing. Anyone knows the latest build number? I am in California BTW.

Not sure what the answer is but found a post about force stopping Google Framework and then clearing out data. That did the trick. Updating now.

Edit: Update was not to latest version. Since I have a Titanium Backup, I flashed the updated factory image. Back in business.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No!! the update is a staged roll out so it might take a while to reach everyone.

my N4 and n10 is rooted with custom recovery. I got the update on n4(updated and it works fine) but my N10 is still waiting for the update

harryhoudini66

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Even after doing that Google Framework thing? Well, live and learn I guess. I have never been known to be a patient man. Well with people yes but not when it comes to me.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I still have not gotten the update and I am rooted, stock, with one mod (Power settings). Should I expect to get the over the air update?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I still have not gotten the update and I am rooted, stock, with one mod (Power settings). Should I expect to get the over the air update?

You'll get the update, but it will fail when trying to install because of the APM mod.

If that is truly the only change you made to ROM (and kernel) then you can revert the APM change using the attachment in this post:
*** Only use if you are on JSS15J, do NOT use if you are on JWR66N ***
JSS15Q replaces JSS15J - Multi-touch, GPS addressed, other fixes? PRNG? - Page 30 - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech