Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By physioprof
  • 1 Post By chram893
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Status Bar Pulldown Customization?

Is it possible to customize the pulldown menu of square icons that comes out below the status bar by adding other controls (like sound, etc)? If so, how?

And what is the purpose of the top left entry that looks like a Halloween pumpkin face with my name under it? When I press on it, it just opens a bigger version of the Halloween pumpkin face.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Default Re: Status Bar Pulldown Customization?

1st question NO

2nd the pumpkin face is where you will see your profile picture. if you are on google+ you need to open G+ app to get the picture there

here is an example
    Last edited by still1; 08-25-2013 at 10:08 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yours looks different than mine: you have a clock thingie at the bottom right, but mine is empty there.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Never mind. My genius brain figured it out. That appears if you set an alarm.

Thanked by:
    cdf3 
    cdf3 likes this.

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

You'd need to flash a custom rom to change your quick setting tiles. Cyanogenmod is one rom that allows you to do so if you're interested.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4
    Always rooted.

Depends on what you want to do. If you are looking to just add functions (like a quick way to mute the device), there is an application called morequickly panel that will allow you to do this without rooting. You can choose whether to place the panel on the left or right side. Here is the link:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for both suggestions! I will check out that app. As far as rooting and custom roms, while that is appealing and I love to tinker, I really don't have the time to devote to another fun hobby!

For adding quick settings toggles on the notification bar, I recommend either downloading Power Toggles or Battery Widget Reborn from the Play Store. Both work without having to root or flash the phone! Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

+1 on Power Toggles. Here's another one:

I love having toggle shortcuts in the notification panel and after having come from Samsung S2 and Xperia TX to HTC ONE, I miss these readily available toggle right upfront in notification panel (I know it's there in 4.2 but when I bought HTC ONE, I didn't have that). I installed extended settings and it works like a charm. Loads of customization available and many shortcut options available in the notification bar. You can find it here. It is better than any other toggle apps I have used. No issues on battery drain or performance.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by apastrophe View Post
    I love having toggle shortcuts in the notification panel and after having come from Samsung S2 and Xperia TX to HTC ONE, I miss these readily available toggle right upfront in notification panel (I know it's there in 4.2 but when I bought HTC ONE, I didn't have that). I installed extended settings and it works like a charm. Loads of customization available and many shortcut options available in the notification bar. You can find it here. It is better than any other toggle apps I have used. No issues on battery drain or performance.
    Extended Settings is perfect. Thanks!