NEXUS 7 2nd generation continues to cycle off and on

CHASPRICE

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Nexus 7 2nd generation from Amazon.

Not able to use it because it cycles off and on - continuously.

Had it two days, the first day it shut down unexpectedly a couple times ; today it cycles off and on - continuously.

Took it out of the MoKo case (magnet effect elimintated)

Anyone else have the same experience?

Is it a software patch or does it go back? If it is a software patch how can I install it?

Right now thinking it should go back

Thanks

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Power into recovery mode (power key and volume up key) and do a factory reset. Hopefully that will fix it.

Posted from the incredible new Nexus 7

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
If the reset doesn't fix it, return it while you're still in the return window.

Mine also did that but not nearly as bad. It'd randomly power off after sucking the battery dry or it'd randomly freeze and reboot.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
On the 1st gen device these were symptoms of the battery connector coming loose. You just popped the back off and reseated the connector and the problem went away.
I don't know how easy it is to get the back of the new unit.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Nexus 7 2nd generation from Amazon.

Not able to use it because it cycles off and on - continuously.

Had it two days, the first day it shut down unexpectedly a couple times ; today it cycles off and on - continuously.

Took it out of the MoKo case (magnet effect elimintated)

Anyone else have the same experience?

Is it a software patch or does it go back? If it is a software patch how can I install it?

Right now thinking it should go back

Thanks

Have you received the new update yet JSS15Q? If not give it a little time to receive this OTA.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
"Not able to use" as in 5 minutes and it reboots or one hour and you can't watch a movie all the way, or any reboot is so frustrating you can't bring yourself to using it.

I found the first few days Google applications rebooted the mchine after I approved the Goohle EULA. During the last two weeks Firefox beta has been rebooting the device.