Update broke my Nexus 7 (2013)
I received this updated and the tablet is now useless. I'll turn it on and all it does is repeats three errors. Launcher stopped, Google Services stopped, and com.google.process.gapps stopped working...over and over again.
I've tried doing a factory reset, but was unable to get it to boot into recovery. I get a No Command error.
UPDATE: I was finally able to work through the error to get to the settings menu and factory reset the device. Seems to be working now running JSS15Q again
Last edited by appmy; 08-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.
- 08-25-2013, 06:18 PM #2
Re: Update broke my Nexus 7 (2013)
I worked slowly through the errors with brute force. I keep clicking okay on the error message with one hand and navigating the settings menu, accessed through the upper right corner pull down, with the other hand. That is the only way I could get the factory reset to work. The power+volume down would not work, and I even tried the new remote wipe option.
I am happy I got the device functioning again, but pretty disappointed in Google and the device (ASUS). I hope this doesn't happen again! Hopefully this will also repair the random reboot issue, this issue alone was cause enough for me to return it.
- 08-26-2013, 05:09 PM #5
- 08-26-2013, 05:15 PM #6
- 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM #7
- By iNoScopedRFK in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 11Last Post: 12-08-2013, 02:22 PM
- By LogMgr in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2013, 04:57 AM
- By Hyprbeast in forum HTC RhymeReplies: 3Last Post: 08-26-2013, 03:27 PM
- By pseudoware in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 08-25-2013, 05:20 PM
- By terryh215 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 0Last Post: 08-25-2013, 12:58 PM