Can the Nexus 7 use Skype with video?

Charles Baker1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have grandkids in far away places who won't listen to my voice for more than a few seconds. Based on experience I'd say it was me, but Skype with video holds their attention. Before I can decide whether or not to buy a Nexus 7, then, I need to know: Can I use Skype with video on the Nexus 7 or will it only be my boring voice that goes through?

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a good enough connection. I have not used it specifically yet, but have done Skype calls on my phone and had done them on my original N7 with video. Cheers!

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to use the new Nexus 7 to Skype. However, there is an issue with Skype with the new Nexus 7 right now. The camera is being "superzoom" when doing Skype video. Basically, the camera on your new Nexus 7 is zoomed in so only part of your face is showing. As far as I know, there is no update/fix for this yet from Skye. You can Google this issue. Many people are reporting this issue.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have grandkids in far away places who won't listen to my voice for more than a few seconds. Based on experience I'd say it was me, but Skype with video holds their attention. Before I can decide whether or not to buy a Nexus 7, then, I need to know: Can I use Skype with video on the Nexus 7 or will it only be my boring voice that goes through?

You can download Skype for free via the Google Play Store.

Charles Baker1

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow, hadn't heard this before. I don't know if the grandkids would really be that interested in a closeup of a wrinkled area of my face. I'll Google this as you suggested. Many thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo