Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A couple of home screen app icon oddities I'd like to ask about

I've noticed two app icon oddities, and wonder if people have any comments about them:

(1) If I uninstall an app for which I created an icon on my home screen, the uninstalled app's icon does not automatically get removed from the home screen. I can easily remove it myself with a long touch and drag to "remove" - but why don't uninstalled apps clean up their leftover icons. Is that usual? And Android 4.3 bug?

(2) Sometimes app icons disappear from the home screen! I am not sure what the pattern is, but it might happen after installing another app. I can easily go into "all apps" and long touch the icon and bring it back to the home screen. But this has happened a few times now and was wondering if other people also experience that.

Thanks,

doug

Default Re: A couple of home screen app icon oddities I'd like to ask about

When I uninstall apps, the shortcut typically disappears if it's on the homescreen; however, it the shortcut is in a folder, sometimes it doesn't disappear. Minor glitch.

When app shortcuts disappear from your home screen, it's often due to a recent significant update to the app which might have also come with a minor or major change to the icon itself. Very minor app updates usually don't cause the shortcut to disappear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: A couple of home screen app icon oddities I'd like to ask about

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    When I uninstall apps, the shortcut typically disappears if it's on the homescreen; however, it the shortcut is in a folder, sometimes it doesn't disappear. Minor glitch.

When app shortcuts disappear from your home screen, it's often due to a recent significant update to the app which might have also come with a minor or major change to the icon itself. Very minor app updates usually don't cause the shortcut to disappear.
    In my case the shortcuts which weren't removed during uninstall were not in folders.

One shortcut which mysteriously vanished today was the AC Forums app itself!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app