Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (Q) How do i Transfer over games saves?

I just bought the 2013 Nexus 7 and downloaded all my apps. How do I port over my CSR Racing and Real Racing 3 saved progress from my Nexus 7 2012? I have spent hours and hours playing these 2 games not to mention made in app purchases i don't wanna start all over. I don't have a FB signing in via social media isn't an option.
    Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

Default Re: (Q) How do i Transfer over games saves?

I use Dropbox and upload my save files in there, then download them onto the device.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

I don't have FB either so I have the same issues you do when buying a new device. The solution I use is a free app called Helium. You can download it from the Play Store and use it to backup the games you want to transfer over. Simply apply the backup to your new device and you should be good to go. It works 100% for me.
    Thanked by:

if you are rooted use app called Titanium backup https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TitaniumBackup
    If not rooted then use app Helium https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup

Note: read description
    Scott Kenyon likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses I'm completely stock so I will try Helium

sent from my 2013 Nexus 7
    Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT
    Scott Kenyon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidFox View Post
    I use Dropbox and upload my save files in there, then download them onto the device.
    What directory / file extensions do I need to look for for saving it to Dropbox and then re-load them in my other device?
    Where does games data reside?

Damn, I wish this thread came up before I bought my Nexus 7 2013. I lost all of my progress on my apps, AND, all of my ROMs on my emulators.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Helium didn't work every time I tried to sync the backed up games on the 2012N7 to the 2013N7 I would get an error message I guess I'm SOL.

Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

You could use something like OI or Astro to send the game save files to Dropbox like an above poster mentioned!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I have the game saves in Drop box my issue is how do I sync them to the N7 2013 afterwards.

Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
    I have the game saves in Drop box my issue is how do I sync them to the N7 2013 afterwards.

Copy them from DB and paste them into the same place you got them from on the new device.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    Copy them from DB and paste them into the same place you got them from on the new device.
    That's were I'm stuck because, once I uploaded the game saves to DB via Helium the helium software doesn't indicate where the files are before the upload. The only option given is to place a check In the box next the app you want to back up. So I don't know were to copy and paste the game save files

Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

You'd have to do it without Helium. Manually, with a file explorer, upload the game save files and bring them back to the new phone with the same file explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
    That's were I'm stuck because, once I uploaded the game saves to DB via Helium the helium software doesn't indicate where the files are before the upload. The only option given is to place a check In the box next the app you want to back up. So I don't know were to copy and paste the game save files

from where did you copy the save files from 2012 N7 to DropBox??
    i believe you copied just the files and not the entire folder.

The exact folder structure has to be maintained not just the files.

its better to copy the Helium backup folder to PC and then copy the same folder to the new N7.

then open helium and click on apps u want to restore.

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    from where did you copy the save files from 2012 N7 to DropBox??
    i believe you copied just the files and not the entire folder.

The exact folder structure has to be maintained not just the files.

its better to copy the Helium backup folder to PC and then copy the same folder to the new N7.

then open helium and click on apps u want to restore.
    Another great idea.

Helium worked for me. Just copied the backup made on my S3 to the N7 and restored! No issues at all except for with Real Racing 3 which anyways has a cloud backup.

Posted via Android Central App
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Sean473 View Post
    Helium worked for me. Just copied the backup made on my S3 to the N7 and restored! No issues at all except for with Real Racing 3 which anyways has a cloud backup.

Posted via Android Central App
    I kept getting an error message when I would try to restore and sync from one device to another.

Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

I'd like to use dropbox to transfer all my games over from my phone to my tablet without losing the saved games(Angry Birds:Space, Seasons, Star Wars, Rio, etc. , Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies, PVZ, etc) did you use the Dropsync app or What technique did you use?
    I just want to be sure I know what you used so I don't loose any of my data. I should mention that I cannot use Helium because I have a Droid Bionic and it isn't compatible. I have found game saving Angry Birds apps but they don't always save everything.

Thanks

I never knew that RR3 had cloud saving... 6 championships completed and now I'm back to square one

I thought I had it backed up through Helium but that was only after my initial install (Root). If I were you I'd use the cloud saving provided in the settings menu in game.

Can I be arsed to have another go? Hmm

Even if I use Helium how can I back up my sons games and "Game Progress" to an external device when I don't have a connector on the Nexus to allow connnection to a PC? It only has a hole for the power charge adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus7Question View Post
    Even if I use Helium how can I back up my sons games and "Game Progress" to an external device when I don't have a connector on the Nexus to allow connnection to a PC? It only has a hole for the power charge adapter.
    Helium does support cloud storage solutions, so you can back up the games' appdata to a service like Dropbox. Install the Helium app on the desired Android device, and restore that appdata to the new device. As for backing up to a computer, you'll need to use a USB-to-microUSB cable. The charging cable that came with the tablet should be such a cable, and it should separate from the wall adapter.

I backuped my HTC One X game Traffic Racer to my PC with Helium. Now I use a HTC One. Where should I copy the data to the new phone there? I cant find on my HTC One the installed place to remove the game Level from HTC One X.
    THX for your Response.

Regards
    Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson1976 View Post
    Where should I copy the data to the new phone there?
    Why aren't you just using Helium to restore the game app and game data to the new phone? I don't understand why you feel the need to copy anything - what am I missing?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.
    Because it doesn't work! I started the restore, it seems to upload, but nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson1976 View Post
    I started the restore, it seems to upload, but nothing happened.
    And did you backup both the app and app data, or just the app data?
    I've found Helium to be fairly reliable - there are some apps that it won't backup; some apps that it SEEMED like it backed up but when you go to restore them it gives you an error; but I haven't run into a case where it said it restored but didn't.
    However, the UI isn't very intuitive - when you choose apps to backup, you have to select that you want to also backup their data, and that selection is made in a subsequent screen which is only shown very briefly (which I usually miss). Perhaps that happened to you?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast