Have the GPS problems been fixed?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the 2012 N7, I've been holding off on upgrading to the 2013 until the GPS problems have been fixed. Have the latest updates fixed the problem yet or does it appear to be a hardware problem?

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
JSS15Q appears to have fixed the multi touch and the GPS issue. A keyboard update is also in the works and I hope that takes care of some keyboard issues, although the keyboard now is no flakier than my phone.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you just want the GPS fixed and don't want to take a chance with the JSS15Q A042 touchscreen firmware making your touchscreen worse, then see this thread:
GPS fix that does NOT require OS upgrade, stay on JWR66N/JSS15J/CM10.2 - xda-developers

Keep in mind, once you get the A042 touchscreen firmware in JSS15Q, you won't be able to go back even if you restore your backups.

It is of course up to you what is best for your situation, however if you read the comments on the Google product forums:
Google Groups

a bunch of people say that JSS15Q fixes multi-touch for them but there are also a bunch of people saying it made things worse for them, introducing new problems like dead spots and stuck keys.

Anyway, I tested one unit where it made it worse, another unit was fine to start and no different after the update and for the 3rd unit, didn't want to take a chance on an otherwise perfectly working unit, so I put together just a fix for the GPS and nothing else.

blueskiesnh2o

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The update fixed the GPS issue on my Nexus 7. I've taken it for a couple drives with no problems. However, I did not have any touchscreen issues before the update, and now I have huge issues! It seems to happen mostly in landscape mode when the whole left side of the screen is practically "dead." It's not completely dead, as it will register a touch if I keep tapping, but it's pretty useless. Strangely, if I rotate to portrait mode, the touchscreen usually operates fine.

Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm