Random clicking noises

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago I spilled some milk onto my Nexus 7 screen and some seeped into the headphone jack. Immediately after, the multi task button was pressed and it started randomly clicking. It stopped after I cleaned the screen and I have had no problems since. What could have caused the clicking? Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Clicking through the speakers like a button is being pressed? Or clicking like something inside the device was broken? If it's the former, there was probably trace amounts of liquid remaining on the screen registering a touch to something.

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Clicking through the speakers like a button is being pressed? Or clicking like something inside the device was broken? If it's the former, there was probably trace amounts of liquid remaining on the screen registering a touch to something.

It was clicking as if a button was being pressed. However, I thought liquid didn't register as a touch and only finger taps registered?

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never owned a phone that registered touch properly when wet.

But the milk on the screen could have been registered as a touch right? I'm just trying to figure out if my tablet was damaged when I spilled milk on it. Although, it has been working fine ever since.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If the headphone jack is working properly and everything else seems ok, you're probably going to be fine. You'd have to see if liquid damage voids the warranty or not (pretty sure it does) and you'd be on your own to get it fixed anyway.