Why do some apps not show up in all apps?

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I opened a PDF attachment and it gave me the option of opening it Quickoffice. I didn't even know that Quickoffice was installed. It doesn't show up in the all apps section when you press the all apps button. But it does show up in settings, apps, all apps. There are a lot of apps there I didn't know about!

What determines whether or not those apps show up in the regular all apps area?

Doug

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I opened a PDF attachment and it gave me the option of opening it Quickoffice. I didn't even know that Quickoffice was installed. It doesn't show up in the all apps section when you press the all apps button. But it does show up in settings, apps, all apps. There are a lot of apps there I didn't know about!

Doug

There r some apps for reading documents that only shoe up if u need to open one.

Posted via Android Central App

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Doug

When you go into settings manage apps you see "all" apps. This includes background tasks, android system apps, viewers, etc. Many of these apps cannot be launched from Home screen and have no icon. The apps in the app drawer under the "all" tab can be launched from the Home screen or the drawer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Quickoffice on nexus is the office viewer only application.
before it use to be Android file viewer and ever since Google bought QuickOffice they replaced it with QuickOffice since its a lot better.

Android file viewer didnt have an app icon too they will just be triggered when you try to open office file.

think of it this way the office viewer is more integrated in to the OS.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
OK. So in this case, basically there is no reason to ever open up QuickOffice alone. It's always used as just an option to read documents, right?

Thanks!

doug

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OK. So in this case, basically there is no reason to ever open up QuickOffice alone. It's always used as just an option to read documents, right?

Thanks!

doug

Correct. If you want to edit documents then you need Quick Office pro.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
For what it is worth, you can use Google Drive to read documents as well. Google Docs is now part of Google Drive and you can convert the documents and edit them in the Google format. On the Google Drive website you can download the saved doc as a Word doc if that is what you need. And it is all free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15