Nexus 7 2 (UK) BBCiPlayer

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi UK Nexus 7 owners - just bought a Nexus 7 but disappointed to find that iPlayer is not compatible - this was one of the main reasons for buying a smaller, more portable tablet - I need the BBC on the go. Is this a Google issue, or BBC problem? I'm lucky to have a Note 10.1 but it's a little bulky to carry around all of the time. Has anyone addressed this issue?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app

martcal

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Then add to your bookmarks by tapping on the star next to the url. Then, in bookmarks, long press and choose 'Add to Home screen' for it to appear like an app icon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've got the BBC iPlayer running on my nexus 7 using sideloading the BBC android media player apk and the BBC iplayer apk ( Found on the internet) Been running ir for a couple of weeks so I know it works fine after installing both apps.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Than you very much much for that - you confirm what my wife thinks; that I am entirely stupid. Hiding in plain sight is the expression I think. It works fine, cheers!

Kookas

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got the BBC iPlayer running on my nexus 7 using sideloading the BBC android media player apk and the BBC iplayer apk ( Found on the internet) Been running ir for a couple of weeks so I know it works fine after installing both apps.

How's the quality on this screen?

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Not to speak for Roguetrader, and possibly his wife :) , but it's pretty good. in comparison to say the iPad version, it streams just as well and it's pretty stable and the stream quality looks good. Don't know why the BBC haven't signed off on the app yet for Android 4.3, because it's running fine with sideloading it.

Last edited:

martcal

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
New iPlayer with download feature now available for download from Google Play. Works great too !l!l