1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else feel their nexus 7 back is kinda slippery?

Lately I have been noticing my nexus 7 kinda sliding out of my hand in I'm not completely palming it.

For reference I often hold the tablet at its base, thumb on the front, three fingers all good the back, and my pinky running all good the bottom for support. But I notice my thumb and threefold gers on the back start slipping upwards as the tablet seems to slip downwards.

I don't know if I maybe made the back less grippy when I wiped down the back soft touch with a damp microfiber cloth. I dampened with distilled water. It still feels a bit greasy.

Default Re: Anyone else feel their nexus 7 back is kinda slippery?

Lots of people find soft touch to be grippy, but I feel the opposite. It feels quite nice, but slides outta my fingers. I buy glossy tpu cases cause I can grip them better, even though matte look nicer. I also find glass screens easy to grip, but others definitely don't.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I have a TPU cover on mine.

Posted via Android Central App

I've ordered a case, mainly for protection of corners and the screen, but the back feels fine to me. I prefer it to the back on my iPad 2 because it sort of feels like it is already in a protective case already. The slightly rubbery material used actually felt like it gave me a better grip, I thought.

doug

Not particularly. I can comfortably hold it in landscape mode one-handed without supporting it from underneath at up to about 60. That's with my thumb on the front bezel and all four fingers on the back panel.

If I take my thumb off so it's only held by friction, not pressure, I can hold it at about 40 max. before gravity takes over.

My hands might be bigger than yours, though - my fingers are about half the length of the tablet.