Use of earphone jack adjusts volume.
I've had this Nexus 7 2013 for about 10 days and I'm just as new to Android.
The earphone jack sound is too quiet for me, but the speakers are acceptable.
Whenever there is a jack inserted next to the USB the volume slider in settings drops to ~ 40%.
It will slide up to 100% but no increase in volume and going back into the volumes display shows it back at 40.
The type of device on the other end of the jack plug cable has no bearing on this effect.
Any clues how to get this higher (to 100% if possible).
- 09-03-2013, 10:02 AM #2
- 7,900 Posts
- Stock Moto X
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM #3
Re: Use of earphone jack adjusts volume.
An update on this.
By using the physical volume up/down buttons on the side rather than the slider in settings, I got the warning about ear damage and OK/Cancel options.
OK allowed me to raise the volume past the limit and now the earphone volume is just about loud enough.
Thanks for the responses.
- By MAX_D in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 06:39 AM
- By GoBigRed79 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 17Last Post: 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
- By Farrukh Nizam in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2013, 11:20 AM
- By bradyesmith in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2013, 09:40 AM
- By Malekial Belden in forum US Cellular Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2013, 10:40 PM